Pasta Primavera is a perfect dish for anytime of year, but especially for summer. While it does require turning on the stove, it’s really a great way to incorporate market vegetables.
I made this the other day because I had so many wonderful fresh vegetables and I wanted to use them to make a simple weeknight summer dinner.
It also comes together pretty quickly – less than 30 minutes. I needed a quick meal as it was an especially busy week. I went to a movie preview (more about that soon) and also helped move my son into an apartment. Oh and it was my birthday weekend too!
Anyhow, back to the recipe. I love using fresh basil, but you can use basil leaves too. Always wash all your vegetables, even if you do not eat the skin, because you do not want to cross-contaminate when you slice through the skin.
I stir fry the vegetables,
and add some wonderful tomatoes. I used cherry tomatoes because that is what I had in the house, but you can use chopped Roma or heirloom or hothouse tomatoes too.
Once the vegetables are cooked, you just add them to the pasta and add the cheese.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets (washed)
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅔ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon) basil leaves
- 1 lb of spiral pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Trim washed broccoli florets into bite sized pieces
- In a skillet, heat oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Stir fry the broccoli, carrot slices, onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and fry another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano and basil leaves. Cook another 1-2 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Mix with cooked pasta and butter.
- Add parmesan cheese and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is perfect for a summer meal and is also great as a chilled pasta salad the next day.
If you like this recipe, you might like my broccoli and pepper salad. Made with fresh broccoli, peppers, onions and grapes, it is a favorite at our home.
These recipes go great with my Cheesy Garlic Bread, made with just 5 ingredients!
If you liked this recipe, please consider sharing it – I would be so grateful! How was your week?