This One Pot Beef Pasta came about one day when I wanted to make a cozy meal with what I had in the vegetable drawer with some help from a little pasta from the pantry.
It is tasty and hearty so a definite win for supper! I love when I can just take some ingredients that I have on hand, put them in a pot and have it come out to be a tasty dinner. Now, I make it often and change up the vegetables once in a while, depending on what is in season or what is on sale. I love using fresh zucchini and peppers because they have great health benefits, but you can add other fresh vegetables as well. Corn, carrots, celery and peas would also work well if you wanted to try different combinations.
I use canned tomatoes, but you can use fresh if you boil and peel them first. I find that the whole tomatoes work the best for flavor. I break them up with a spoon while it is cooking. If you only have diced tomatoes on hand, those will work too.
For more great easy pasta recipes, check out:
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese – An easy crockpot pasta recipe that does not require pre-boiling of the pasta. So good and so easy!
One-Pot Beef Pasta – A delicious pasta recipe with ground beef and vegetables made in a single pan.
Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta – Chicken, bacon, cheese and pasta come together for a wonderfully flavorful, comforting dinner idea.
One Pot Beef Pasta Recipe
One Pot Beef Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 14.5 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- In a deep skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown ground beef in pan, drain grease.
- While beef is browning, wash all vegetables
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" slices
- Add all ingredients to pan except cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 - 17 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with Mozzarella cheese