This Easy Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta recipe is so good for a dinner or lunch idea!
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you doing well. We had a busy weekend with social gatherings and events. I love getting together with friends and Monday just came to fast for me this week. I wanted to share a quick, but tasty recipe idea for Chicken Gouda Pasta with Bacon.
This recipe idea came from a dish I tried at a local restaurant and I was able to recreate it at home pretty easily. The Gouda cheese is so smooth and creamy and makes this dish a wonderful and memorable meal. I like to use spaghetti, because that is what I have the most of in my pantry, but you could use another pasta as well. This Chicken Pasta with Bacon and Gouda makes a nice quick meal when you have a busy day (so any day basically)!
You can use turkey bacon if you wish.
What is nice about this dish, is that it is a nice idea all year long. It also makes a nice lunch idea.
Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breasts (or 2 cups cooked chicken)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces light cream
- 3-4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook chicken breasts in skillet or oven.
- To cook on stove top, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 8 minutes until chicken is browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Cut into small chunks.
- While chicken is cooking, break spaghetti noodles in half and cook per package directions until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti, but keep in stove pot
- Add to the pot, light cream, bacon, green onion, Paprika and garlic and pepper to spaghetti mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Top with shredded Gouda cheese and toss lightly again.
- Save time with a rotisserie chicken and you can have this ready in minutes.
- Shred the Gouda cheese earlier in the day and make the bacon ahead of time so it is ready when you need it.
- Note, if you do not have spaghetti, you can use any pasta. It is a great way to use up pasta you already have.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. Don’t forget to pin it.
I like using light cream, but you can use heavy cream if you like.
Looking for other easy pasta recipes?
- Easy Pasta Primavera – one of our most popular recipes! Made with pasta and fresh vegetables.
- Taco Pasta with Ground Beef – an easy one skillet dinner made with fresh tomatoes and zucchini.
- Ground Beef Skillet Stroganoff – the great taste of Stroganoff made simply on your stove with ground beef.
What is your favorite pasta?