This Pasta with Tomato Sauce recipe was one of my comfort foods when I was a kid. It’s a very kid-friendly pasta recipe made with tomato sauce and egg noodles in a saucepan.
Let’s face it, sometimes we just don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand. This one is SO EASY – it is meatless and only takes three ingredients, well four if you count the salt.
Hello Friends! I have to say that I do appreciate not having to rush around so much each days, there are still days when it can be challenging to put something on the table.
Today I am sharing a quick pantry recipe that only takes a few ingredients. It is super simple and as a kid – this was comfort food to me.
Mom would make this for me and it always made me feel good. Little did I know how easy it was to make.
List of main ingredients.
Tomato Sauce – I usually buy whatever is on sale. I have made this with both brand name and generic tomato sauce and it comes out the same. If you happen to use an unsalted variety, just know you will need to add a little more salt to the dish.
Pasta – Wide egg noodle pasta works best with this recipe, but you could change it up with a small pasta. A smaller pasta works best because you want the noodles to be smothered in sauce.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful Kids Dinner recipe ideas. that is perfect for game day. The cheese nestles in the nooks
Variations on this recipe
This recipe is so simple, it makes for a nice Kids Dinner recipe idea. You can certainly add things like fresh tomatoes or even ground beef to this recipe if you like. It is one of those base recipes you can change up from time to time.
One thing you will notice is how cheap this recipe is! It costs only pennies to make. I like to call it a good end of month rotation as that is when I like to use my most frugal recipes so we can save more at the end of the month.
For more great pasta recipes ideas
- Ham and Spinach Pasta – A lovely dish made with fresh spinach and lunch meat ham or leftover ham.
- Easy Cavatappi Pasta – A fun twist on pasta made with ground beef and vegetables.
- Taco Pasta with Ground Beef -This One Pot Taco Pasta with Ground Beef comes together quickly in a single skillet!
- One-Pot Beef Pasta – A delicious pasta recipe with ground beef and vegetables made in a single pan.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Pasta with Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup wide egg noodles
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat oil.
- Add egg noodles and cook until noodles are just slightly brown - about 2 minutes.
- Add tomoato sauce and 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer over medium -ow heat until noodles are cooked through. About 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.