Skillet Spaghetti is one of those dishes I have been making since my first year of marriage! It is a simple one-dish dinner that combines spaghetti, meat and sauce all in a single dish!
This also goes perfectly with our Ultimate Cheesy Garlic bread. Be sure to read our time-saving tips at the end of this recipe. We area all about helping you make the most of your time.
I have change the recipe a bit over the years, but I still love that I can whip up a spaghetti meal in a single skillet saving lots of time (and some dish washing too)!
It comes together in minutes and I make mine with ground beef or ground chuck. You can also use ground turkey too!
You make the sauce first,
Then add the uncooked spaghetti and cook it in the sauce on the stove.
About 20 minutes later, it comes together for a wonderful meal!
I love that I can make the sauce and noodles in one pot in about 30 minutes. So easy and the meat sauce is hearty and flavorful.
How do you like your spaghetti?
If you love skillet meals like I do, be sure to check out my Skillet Lasagna!
For more great pasta recipes, check out:
- Baked Zucchini Casserole – Ground beef and zucchini make this a lovely make-ahead meal.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta – if you love Gouda cheese, you will love this recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 1/3 cans tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 4 ounces of spaghetti noodles 1/2 of an 8 oz package
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- Drain oil.
- To same pan with drained meat, add tomato sauce, water and spices.
- Once mixture begins to boil, break apart spaghetti noodles in half and add to mixture.
- Cover pan and reduce to simmer for 18-20 minutes.
I chop onions on Sunday so that they are ready to go later during the week. I keep them in a sealed bag in the refrigerator and it saves me time by not having to chop onions several times a week.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!