This Easy Baguette Garlic Bread has the perfect cheesy crunch and makes a great side dish for meals.
Made with just a few ingredients, this easy garlic bread recipe is the perfect side dish for soups, salads, chilis, casseroles, pasta dishes and more. It's a crusty bread full of flavor and crunch! You will love this simple recipe idea and likely make it often!
Why This Recipe
Easy recipe - This homemade garlic bread recipe just has a handful of ingredients. One of the things I love about this easy side bread recipe is that it just takes minutes to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Versatile - This is the perfect recipe for so many meals. It is the perfect side dish to go with a lasagna dinner, Italian salad or soup or anything in between. This also works well with a loaf of french bread , you really can use just about any type of bread.
Delicious. This is the best garlic bread. A golden brown crispy crust and soft bread inside full of garlic flavor.
This bread is full of cheesy goodness.
- french baguette - you can use your favorite from your grocery store
- unsalted butter or olive oil
- fresh garlic cloves
- parsley - fresh herbs are best - if you have fresh parsley that is great, but you can use dried parsley too.
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
Anyways, the key to this recipe is to not be shy about the cheese.
- baking sheet
- serrated knife
Full instructions in recipe card.
How to Make Baguette Garlic Bread
Step 1 - Slice baguette into 1" slices.
Step 2 - Spread each bread with garlic butter mixture.
Step 4 Sprinkle with herbs and cheese.
Step 4 Bake 10-15 minutes on baking sheet in a single layer. Place in preheated oven.
And it is ready in just minutes!
Yes you can, but it will have a little different flavor than butter.
There are many herbs that go well with garlic bread include parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, or rosemary. Experiment with different combinations to change things up.
Yes, set the toaster oven or air fryer to the appropriate temperature and bake until the bread is golden and crispy.
Store leftover garlic bread in an airtight container.
More delicious Bread Recipes
For some ideas on simple dinners this bread would complement, check out:
- Simple Stovetop Spaghetti - Made in a single pan on the stovetop
- Baked Zucchini Casserole - Ground beef and zucchini make this a lovely make-ahead meal.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta - if you love Gouda cheese, you will love this recipe!
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe. If you liked this recipe, please consider sharing it. We would love it if you did!
Easy Cheesy Baguette Garlic Bread
- large baking sheet
- Serrated knife
- 1 small loaf French bread
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Soften butter on the counter or in the microwave (about 8 seconds)
- Slice French bread into 1 " slices.
- Grate Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Spread softened butter mixture on bread slices.
- Top each slice with about 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet or use parchment paper and bake about 12-14 minutes until bread is golden and crispy
- Serve promptly.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What recipe would you serve this with?