This Wendy's Chili Copycat recipe is made easily in your instant pot. Perfect when you want dinner to practically cook itself. So delicious and the family loves it!
Wendy's chili is so easy to make and you can pair this tasty chili up with our homemade cornbread for a wonderful meal!
Good Morning Friends!
This weekend we got our holiday decorations up and watched a few holiday movies. The weather had not quite felt like winter, but the evenings are cooler. I want to share a tasty comfort food recipe with you today.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This Wendy's chili recipe copycat is perfect for cold evenings and days when you want a hot and hearty meal on the table. This delicious chili recipe has a few ingredients, but it comes together deliciously in your instant cooker.
This copycat version is just like what y0u can find at the fast food chain. I think it is actually better than the real thing. The spices in this recipe add a nice chili seasoning and is easily a favorite chili recipe.
This is a great recipe for your instant pot. Super easy with just a few ingredients and some canned beans. It is the perfect chili recipe for tailgate parties too!
So tasty and full of flavor. You can top it with sour cream, cheese, or onions if you wish.
More Easy Chili Recipe Ideas
- Zero Points Chili Recipe - One of our top recipes, made by thousands.
- Stovetop White Chicken Chili- A quick dinner idea made on your stovetop.
- Slow Cooker White Chili - Make chili in your slow cooker for thos busy days.
- Bacon chili - A chili recipe for the bacon lover.
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili - A delicious beef chili made in your slow cooker.
Ingredient List For Wendy's Copycat Chili
This recipe just takes a few ingredients you likely already have on hand.
List of main ingredients:
Ground beef - I like to use an 80/20% (f 80 percent lean beef to 20 percent fat) for chili. You can also use ground turkey if you wish
Beans –I like using dark Red kidney beans for the chili. But you can use your favorite types of beans. Light Red beans work too. Pinto beans are also included in this recipe.
Tomato Puree –Tomato puree adds a nice thickness to this recipe. If you would rather use tomato sauce, you can use a ration of 1:3 with water to make a consistency similar to puree.
How to Make Wendy's Copycat Chili Recipe
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add broth to the instant pot.
- Mix tomatoes.
- Add beans and the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
Recipe Variations, Notes and Substitutions
- You can use tomato sauce as a substitute for tomato puree.
- Prepare your vegetables ahead of time. Chop ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- No garlic? You can use garlic powder in place of the garlic cloves.
- Store leftover chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Serve with saltine crackers and/or a variety of your favorite toppings. Try with chopped green onions, chopped green peppers, Cheddar cheese, or crushed tortilla chips.
- You can also add a little hot sauce to warm it up.
- Make a double batch and enjoy this chili over hot dogs or hamburger patties for a second dinner.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Wendy's Chili Recipe Copycat
Wendy's Chili Recipe Copycat
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 16 oz can light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 29 oz can tomato puree
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Using the instant pot cooker on the saute mode, heat until “hot.” Add the ground beef and onion.
- 2, Cook until the beef is completely browned.
- 3. Stir the celery, bell pepper, and garlic into the meat so the residual heat will begin to soften the vegetables. Transfer the meat mixture to a colander to drain well.
- 4. While the meat drains, pour the beef broth into the electric pressure cooker and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pot.
Return the meat mixture to the electric pressure cooker. Then, add the beans and stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- 5. In an large bowl, combine the tomato puree, diced tomatoes, and seasonings. Stir to combine and then pour over the mixture in the pressure cooker. Do not stir
- 6.. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Program the pressure cooker on “manual” or “pressure cook” for 30 minutes.
- 7. When the cooking cycle has completed, perform a quick release. Remove the lid and stir the chili.
Serve with desired toppings: diced onion, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream.
We hope you enjoyed this copycat Wendy’s chili recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.