This Easy White Chicken Chili recipe has less than one point if you do not add any cheese. A wonderful lunch or dinner recipe if you are counting WW (Freestyle) points.
WW White Chili Chicken a great way to change up a traditional chili recipe. I developed it as a weight watchers white chicken chili a few years ago.
This is one of our cozy recipes for the cold weather season, you will want to bookmark for later.
Most of the ingredients for this recipe come from your pantry. You can just add freshly cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken for this delicious meal.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Tasty. This is one of the best healthy white chicken chili recipe. Made with tender chicken, white beans and spices, this homestyle meal will be a favorite for the whole family.
Easy Recipe - Made with simple ingredients this recipe comes together really quickly on your stove top.
Versatile. There are several different ways to change up this recipe,
Dairy Free - This is a dairy free white chicken chili recipe. Of course you can add cheese, heavy cream or sour cream, but as is it is without dairy.
White Bean Chicken Chili Ingredients
- cooked shredded chicken - I use cooked chicken breasts and then shred them.
- White Beans - great northern beans White beans, which are a good source of protein and fiber, which helps make a recipe a little more healthy.
- chicken stock or chicken broth - use a low sodium
- fresh garlic - use fresh if you can.
- mild green chiles - I use canned chilis
- fresh cilantro - optional for garnish
- tortilla strips - optional but a few chips make it more special.
Variations & Substitutions
White Beans - This White bean chili uses Navy beans but you can use cannellini beans.
Kidney Beans - You can easily add a rinsed and drained can of light kidney beans to this chili. At the time of development, kidney beans was a zero-point food on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.
Turkey Chili - You can sub shredded turkey for the shredded chicken.
Corn - You can add a small can of drained sweet corn to this recipe. At the time, corn was a zero-point food on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan.
How to Make White Chili Chicken
This great white bean chili recipe is so easy, just dump all the ingredients in alarge pot can cook on low heat. It is a easy meal for a busy weeknight.
You can also put the ingredients in a crock pot and slow cook it on low for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
More Favorite Chili Recipes
- Original Zero Point Spicy Chili -Slightly spicy Chicken Chili Recipe is filling, comforting and zero points on Weight Watcher’s Freestyle Program.
- Slow Cooker White Chili chicken - This crockpot white chicken chili is super easy and so good!
- Slow Cooker Classic Chili - The perfect go to chili crecipe for a heartwarming meal.
- Wendy's Copycat Chili - A delicious copycat recipe
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you try it please tag us and let us know on social media.
What kind of chicken should I use?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best choice for white chicken chili. Succulent and super easy to shread.
What kind of beans should I use?
White beans are typically used in white chicken chili, but you can also use other types of beans, such as cannellini beans, great northern beans, or navy beans.
What can I serve with my white chicken chili?
White chicken chili can be served with a variety of sides, such as cornbread, or tortilla chips. You can also add toppings to your chili, such as shredded cheese, sour cream or chopped onions. To keep this ww friendly, be sure to use low-fat versions. You can also use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Zero Points White Chicken Chili
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 2 cans Northern White Beans 15.5 oz cans
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoonx onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flacks
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over low heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until onion is clear.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, beans, green chilis, salt, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and chili flakes.
- Heat for about 20 minutes.
- If desired, serve with a sprinkle of Monterey Jack cheese.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!