This easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a delicious and hearty meal that is so easy to make in your slow cooker. Beans, chicken, and chili are slow-cooked to perfection as the chili practically makes itself.
I make chili year-round, and this easy recipe for slow cooker chili is nice for those days when you want to have a hot meal waiting for you in the evening.
Hello Friends! I hope you are having a great week! The weather is definitely changing as the cool breeze hits in the afternoon and evenings. It is on evenings like these that I look forward to a warm and comforting meal.
Why This Recipe
Today’s Slow cooker chili recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty chili for dinner or game day. The recipe just takes a few ingredients and what I love is that it usually makes enough for leftovers.
This is a wonderful way to celebrate the season using your crock pot. Made with a few simple ingredients and a jar of salsa verde, this is a great dinner this time of year.
Chili recipes are so versatile and this one is no exception. We eat the leftovers as is and sometimes over a baked potato for a second hearty meal.
This is one of those slow cooker recipes you will have on repeat throughout the year.
Chili is one of those dishes that is always comforting and always easy. It is also easy to change up a bit and make it a little different once in a while.Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Ingredients
Chicken – I recommend boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can use a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken.
Beans – This recipe uses two types - pinto and cannellini beans (white beans - also known as great northern beans). The mixture of the two beans adds a nice flavor to the chili.
Broth – I like to use low-sodium chicken broth. You can always add more salt if you need to but at least you can control the amount a bit. You can also use broth you make yourself. You can also use chicken stock.
Salsa Verde - a salsa made with green chilis that is mild in flavor.
Seasonings - cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper
Equipment & Kitchen Tools
- Slow cooker or crockpot
- sharp knife
- cutting board
How to make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
The full recipe is below but the steps are pretty simple:
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Blend well
- Top with cheese.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Chop the celery and onions earlier in the day (or week) and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It saves time if you can meal plan and do this just once during the week for all of your meals.
- You can use rotisserie chicken to save some time.
- Shred the cheese ahead of time (and cilantro too) so that the toppings are ready when you are. Sometimes I chop a bit of onion for topping too!
- Double the recipe and freeze in individual portions for a quick future meal.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as chopped green onions, chopped bell pepper, fresh jalapenos, avocado slices and red pepper flakes (for an extra kick).
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. This chili also goes great with cornbread.
- You can substitute red onion or green onion
Serving, Storage & Leftover Suggestions
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
More Hearty Chili Recipes
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Traditional Chili Recipe - A delicious red chili with chicken that is low in WW points but no one will even know! This recipe made with pinto and kidney beans has been saved over 80,000 times on Pinterest so check it out.
- Stovetop White Chicken Chili Recipe - A great version when you have less time to get dinner on the table and also very low in points.
- Easy Cornbread from Scratch - If you have never made cornbread from scratch, try this simple recipe.
This recipe just takes a few ingredients. Most of the items are from your pantry.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 to 3 cups boneless skinless cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnishing if desired
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker EXCEPT for the cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth.
- Serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro, if desired.
We hope you enjoyed this easy slow cooker recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.