This easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a delicious and hearty meal that is so easy to make in your slow cooker. Beans, chicken, and chili are slow-cooked to perfection as the chili practically makes itself.
I make chili year-round, and this slow cooker chili is nice for those days when you want to have a hot meal waiting for you in the evening.
Hello Friends! I hope you are having a great week! The weather is definitely changing as the cool breeze hits in the afternoon and evenings. It is on evenings like these that I look forward to a warm and comforting meal.
Today’s Slow cooker chili recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty chili for dinner or game day. The recipe just takes a few ingredients and what I love is that it usually makes enough for leftovers.
We eat the leftovers as is and sometimes over a baked potato for a second hearty meal.
Chili is one of those dishes that is always comforting and always easy. It is also easy to change up a bit and make it a little different once in a while. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Zero Points Chili Recipe – A delicious red chili with chicken that is low in WW points but no one will even know! This recipe has been saved over 80,000 times on Pinterest so check it out.
- Stovetop White Chicken Chili Recipe – A great version when you have less time to get dinner on the table and also very low in points.
- Easy Cornbread from Scratch – If you have never made cornbread from scratch, try this simple recipe.
This recipe just takes a few ingredients. Most of the items are from your pantry.
List of main ingredients:
Chicken – I recommend boneless, skinless cooked chicken for this recipe. You can use a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken.
Beans – This recipe uses two types – pinto and cannellini beans (white beans). The mixture of the two beans adds a nice flavor to the chili.
Broth – I like to use low-sodium chicken broth. You can always add more salt if you need to but at least you can control the amount a bit. You can also use broth you make yourself.
How to make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
The full recipe is below but the steps are pretty simple:
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Blend well
- Top with cheese.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker EXCEPT for the cheese. 2. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. 3. Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth. 4. Serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro, if desired.
1. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker EXCEPT for the cheese.
2. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
3. Stir in the cheese until melted and smooth.
4. Serve topped with additional cheese, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Chop the celery and onions earlier in the day (or week) and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It saves time if you can meal plan and do this just once during the week for all of your meals.
- Shred the cheese ahead of time (and cilantro too) so that the toppings are ready when you are. Sometimes I chop a bit of onion for topping too!
- Double the recipe and freeze in individual portions for a quick future meal.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.