This Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe will be your new fall recipe favorite. A beautiful way to embrace the fall flavors!
This pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese frosting is easily made with a boxed cake mix and canned pumpkin.
If you bake it in a sheet cake pan, you can have a lot of servings of this tasty pumpkin cake. This is one of our easy fall recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Hello Friends! We are fully into pumpkin season and today's recipe for pumpkin bars with spice cake mix is easy and delicious!
Why You Will Love This Pumpkin Bars with Spice Cake Mix Recipe
Easy. This Pumpkin Spice cake is made with some pumpkin and cake mix and just a few ingredients, making it super simple to make.
Tasty. It has a nice pumpkin flavor and the spices make it a wonderful dessert that is perfect for any fall celebration.
Festive. I like to make this in a sheet pan so that it makes more pumpkin squares.
This pumpkin spice cake recipe is very flexible. I prefer to bake it in a sheet pan and slice it in squares for smaller servings, but it can be made into a layer cake too.
I also like to give it just a dollop of cinnamon spiced frosting, rather than entirely frosting the dessert, because I like the frosting to complement the flavors of the cake without overpowering it. It also makes a fun pumpkin bars.
Then, I top it with some chopped pecans, but you can dress it up for Halloween with candy corn too!
It is truly a wonderful dessert that I have adapted from a classic recipe.
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake
- cake mix - use a spice cake mix. If you have a yellow cake mix, you make want to try this pumpkin cake mix with yellow cake.
- pumpkin - use canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling
- pumpkin spice - use homemade pumpkin spice or a grocery store spice blend.
Don't forget to pin this recipe idea.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
For more great pumpkin recipes, check out:
- Pumpkin Mug Cake - so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Twists - Another quick dessert or brunch recipe.
- Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert- A beautiful creamy layered dessert.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - A pumpkin version of a favorite cookie!
I like to top these with a burst of cream cheese and a few nuts, you can also completely frost the cake if you wish.
It is a nice cake with the flavors of pumpkin pie!
More Easy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ cup butter, softened room temperature
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional, for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Grease and flour 13" x 9" baking pan.
- MIx ingredients together in a bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and frost with frosting recipe below.
Cream Cheese Frosting for Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Blend cream cheese, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Top each square with a dollop. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!