This Easy Caramel Sauce is perfect when you want a Caramel apple dip or a tasty, rich topping for ice cream or other fall desserts.
Can we just talk about awesome Fall is? I am just loving the beautiful sunrises and sunsets this season. I am beginning to fell like fall is my new favorite season. Summer is a close second, but after sipping pumpkin lattes and enjoying the cool, crisp air and football, I have to say that I am in heaven. Now if it was just cool enough to wear a sweater…. we are not quite there yet, but I know it is coming.
Today I wanted to share with you a really easy method on how to make caramel for apples from scratch. Caramel and apples just go together any time of year and I recently made this sauce for a snack the other evening. We have been watching a lot of football (and baseball recently) and there always has to be TV snacks. Fruit is always a good idea and sometimes it just needs a little sidekick to really elevate it.
This caramel sauce also makes a good glaze to pour over bread that are so popular this time of year. It is also good on ice cream and brownie sundaes, just sayin’!
I am a big caramel fan and have shared a few fun recipes on this site. For more fun caramel recipes, you may want to try:
- Simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes – These simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes are made from a mix. But you don’t have to tell!
- Salted Caramel Pecan Bars – a wonderful treat that is a cross between a cookie and a blondie, but better!
- Caramel Custard Flan Cupcakes – A tasty mini flan in a cupcake form!
- To make it richer quicker, substitute evaporated milk for regular milk.
- I would not recommend making this ahead of time, but if you do, keep refrigerated and warm up in the microwave to serve.
How to make caramel sauce for apples
You will only need four ingredients to make this wonderful caramel for apples without corn syrup. It is honestly so easy that you will want to make it again and again. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- brown sugar
In just minutes you will have a nice caramel sauce for dipping those apple slices.
This is really the easiest to make too!
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a sauce pan over medium heat, add brown sugar, butter, and milk to a soft boil.
Cook another 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and combine.
We hope you enjoyed this simple snack recipe idea. We are all about helping you make the most of your time. To save this recipe to your Pinterest board, pin the recipe below:
Great with apples, pears and other fresh fruit. It is also great on ice cream and brownie desserts. I am getting hungry just saying that! Dessert for one has never been more delicious and easy. For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please follow me on Facebook and sign up for our weekly newsletter.