These simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes are made from a mix. But you don't have to tell! Topped with a simple homemade buttercream frosting, they make for a quick dessert idea!
These have a delicious apple and caramel flavor for the perfect fall dessert.Jump to Recipe
With the first day of Fall being less than a week away, I am excited to bake with all the wonderful foods that fall harvest season brings. In Southern California, we are not seeing too many changing leaves yet. But we can feel slightly cooler evenings and mornings.
There are some wonderful places to pick apples nearby, but I usually get mine at the local farmers market. I love baking with apples.
Recently, I made these apple cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream frosting. I used apples from a can, but fresh apples could be simmered and added as well. The caramel sauce that I used is also great for ice cream or drizzling over hot tea for a tasty warm drink.
These cupcakes make for a tasty fall treat and it is one of the things I look forward too each fall. We love the flavor of apples in our home! We used to make these for bake sales when the kids were in elementary school. Also nice for a back to school treat for teachers.
How to Make Carmel Apple Cupcakes
Mix brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Add whipping cream,
Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
Frost cupcakes with frosting.
I used my favorite buttercream recipe with a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon added. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Once frosting has set, drizzle the caramel sauce over the cupcakes.
These are so good!
For more great caramel and cupcake recipes, check out these:
- Easy Mango Cupcakes - Delicious mango flavor in a cupcake!
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes - Easy pumpkin spice made in minutes!
- Nutella Swirl Cupcakes - These are beautiful cupcakes for hazelnut lovers
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Dip
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Easy Caramel Apple Cupcakes
¼ cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
3 cups powdered sugar
Cream butter with an electric mixer on low speed. Add sugar and milk slowly, by alternating. Whip on medium – high speed until desired consistency is reached. Use a decorating bag cut at the end to decorate your cookies. Let cool completely before stacking.
You can use a store-bought caramel sauce if you want to save some time. I strongly recommend making your own buttercream frosting if you can because it tastes SO MUCH BETTER than canned.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please help me share the recipe on Pinterest!
Simple Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- ⅔ cup apple pie filling mashed up
- Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
2. Add ⅔ cup apple pie filling.
3. Pour into baking cups and bake as directed, plus 2 - 4 minutes.
4. While cupcakes are baking, prepare the caramel sauce.
5. Mix brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
6. Add whipping cream,
7. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
8. Frost cupcakes with frosting. (recipe below)
9. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!