These easy pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are delicious and so easy (pssst....they come from a boxed spice cake mix). Why not celebrate fall with these fun cupcakes that are so easy to make.
Pumpkin cupcakes with spice cake mix are topped with a cream cheese frosting for a delicious, simple fall recipe idea with lots of pumpkin flavor.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I wanted to do something simple that could be made quickly since that is what this island is about. Plus, coming back from vacation, I did not have a lot of ingredients in the house. I am out of fruit and a few staples, but I had a few necessary ingredients.
So I started with a spice cake mix and went from there to create these Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, which are so flavorful and taste like fall in a cupcake.
These are nice for a fall dessert or as a treat for a Halloween party or fall harvest party. The cake mix saves you time as it is a shortcut recipe.
These pumpkin cupcakes with cake mix are always a hit and they are so tasty with the creamy frosting. People will think you make these from scratch,.
These are so good that they actually taste like muffins when they are baked and not yet frosted. But they really go up a notch when you add a creamy cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spice Cake Mix (and Cream Cheese Frosting)
- spice cake mix
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- large bowl
- muffin tin
- cupcake liners
- wire rack
- frosting piping bag and tip (optional)
How To Make Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cake Mix
- Preheat oven and place cupcake liners in muffin tin or cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl mix together spice cake mix, eggs, water,butter and pumpkin.
- Pour cupcake batter into cupcake pan. I like to use a cookie scoop but a spoon works too.
- Bake as directed. Let cool before frosting.
- Prepare frosting and piping tube and piping tip,
- Frost cupcakes.
- Store in an airtight container.
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts anf Fall Recipes
- Pumpkin Mug Cake - A perfect cake for one made in your microwave!
- Best Pumpkin Cupcakes - Delicious pumpkin cupcakes from scratch
- Pumpkin Lasagna - A tasty and beautiful layered pumpkin dessert.
- Pumpkin Ice Cream - A no-churn pumpkin ice cream recipe that is deliciously refreshing!
- Pumpkin Spice Cake - A tasty fall spice sheet cake with pecans!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - Make this fall coffee treat at home.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies - decadent and flavorful fall cookies.
- Pumpkin Lasagna - A wonderful light layered pumpkin dessert.
Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients..
- Pour into prepared baking cups. Fill about ⅔ full.
- 4.. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack or similar.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. (recipe below)
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
½ cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
Cream together butter and cream cheese on slow speed in mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat on high until peaks form. Frost cupcakes. These make a really nice, rich pumpkin cupcake with a frosting that is creamy, without being too sweet. I think you will love them!
We hope you enjoyed these fall flavor cupcakes. For more easy recipes, be sure to subscribe to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes and a few things that I don’t share here.