Pumpkin season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious Pumpkin Bread with Frosting recipe?
Whether you're a devoted pumpkin lover or just looking for the perfect fall treat, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. With warm spices, moist pumpkin bread, and a drizzle of decadent chocolate, it's a slice of pumpkin heaven!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Moist and flavorful: This recipe makes a moist and flavorful pumpkin bread that captures the essence of pumpkin season.
- Super simple: This is a simple recipe with easily accessible ingredients.
- Sweet and chocolately: The addition of chocolate drizzle takes it to the next level.
- Perfect for any occasion: It's perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee, as a dessert, or anytime.
Ingredients for this easy pumpkin bread recipe
- White granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
Equipment and kitchen tools
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
How to make the best pumpkin bread recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the white granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and whisk together until well combined.
Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and milk to the sugar and egg mixture. Whisk until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding them together with a rubber spatula until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Pour the thick batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake the pumpkin bread on the bottom rack of the oven with a piece of parchment paper or foil covering the top of the loaf pan. After 30 minutes, remove the parchment or foil, then continue baking for an additional 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
While the bread is baking, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small bowl in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Once the pumpkin bread is done baking, allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then, lift it out using the parchment paper and transfer it to a wire rack.
Place the cooled pumpkin bread on a serving platter, and drizzle the melted chocolate on top.
Cut, serve, and enjoy your homemade pumpkin bread with frosting!
Tips for the Best Results
- Use room temperature ingredients for even mixing.
- Feel free to use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix your ingredients.
- Don't overmix the batter to avoid a dense texture.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container to keep the bread moist.
- Feel free to customize with your favorite nuts or add a cream cheese frosting for an extra indulgent touch.
Substitutions and Variations
- Swap chocolate chips for nuts or dried cranberries for a different texture.
- Experiment with different spices or add a dash of maple syrup for extra flavor.
- Try a cream cheese icing instead of chocolate for a classic twist.
- Use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree for a sweeter quick bread.
- For a shortcut, you can use store bought pumpkin pie spice.
FAQs About This Recipe
Absolutely! Homemade pumpkin puree can add a fresh, vibrant flavor to your bread. Just ensure it's well-drained to avoid excess moisture.
Yes, you can. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag. It should keep well for a few months.
Yes, you can substitute vegetable oil with melted butter or even applesauce for a slightly different flavor profile.
To make cream cheese frosting, beat together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, ¼ cup of softened unsalted butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Spread it on top of your cooled pumpkin bread.
More great pumpkin recipes
Pumpkin Bread with Frosting
- loaf pan
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add the sugars and eggs. Whisk together until combined.
- Then add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and milk. Whisking again and smooth.
- Pour in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and other spices, and salt. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together and mix until combined. Use a spoon or spatula to prevent overmixing.
- Pour the thick batter into a the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven on the bottom rack with a piece of parchment paper or foil covering the top of the loaf pan. After 30 minutes remove the parchment or foil. Then bake for the rest of the 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring together until smooth.
- Once the loaf bread is done, let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, lifting out using the parchment paper.
- Place on a serving platter. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the pumpkin spice bread.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.