These easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are not only delicious, they are the perfect cookie to celebrate fall! Made easily in minutes, these soft cookies are filled with pumpkin spice and goodness!
Pumpkin and fall spices make this cookie a fabulous treat as a dessert, lunch box snack or coffee bread, So easy to make and always fabulous!
Hello Friends! Are you getting into the full spirit of fall? It finally rained for the first time yesterday and it just brought a cozy feeling of fall, even though we are still getting some warm temperatures during the day.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty fall cookie recipe. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. I also love the way all the flavors come together in a cheesy snack in just minutes too.
Rich and flavorful, this light cookie is like a piece of pumpkin bread. They are the perfect treat for Thanksgiving too! Either as a dessert or wrapped in a treat bag as a fun takeaway gift.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Pumpkin Twists – A fun fall treat made with refrigerated crescent rools!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – no fancy machine needed to make this delicious coffee treat!
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake – one of my favorite fall recipes and filled with flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – A perfect fall dessert!
You just need a few ingredients for these cookies:
Pumpkin Puree- You don’t want to use pumpkin pie filling, you want to use pumpkin puree. Canned or fresh.
Topping – The cinnamon sugar topping makes this cookie a true snickerdoodle. Don’t skip it.
How to make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Blend butter and sugars.
- Use a pastry cutter to fully combine.
- Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- Blend well.
5. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
6. Mix well.
7. Roll chilled doughballs in topping
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake as directed.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
- You can make the dough the day before and chill overnight.
- You can use a pre-made cinnamon sugar mixture for the topping.
- It is best if the eggs and butter are at room temperature for better blending.
- You can mix the topping ingredients in a plastic sandwich bag and quickly coat the cookie balls in the bag before baking.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.