These easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are not only delicious, they are the perfect cookie to celebrate fall! Made easily in minutes, these soft cookies are filled with pumpkin spice and goodness!
Pumpkin and fall spices make these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies a fabulous treat as a dessert, lunch box snack or coffee bread, It is so easy to make these tastychewy pumpkin cookies!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Hello Friends! Are you getting into the full spirit of fall? It finally rained for the first time yesterday and it just brought a cozy feeling of fall, even though we are still getting some warm temperatures during the day. Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty fall cookie recipe.
Rich and flavorful, this light cookie is like a piece of pumpkin bread. They make a soft chewy cookie that is rich in pumpkin flavor.
They are the perfect fall cookie for Thanksgiving too! Either as a dessert or wrapped in a treat bag as a fun takeaway gift. It is one of my favorite snickerdoodle recipes.
You just need a few ingredients for these cookies:
Butter - I prefer to use unsalted butter, but you can use salted butter if you wish.
Pumpkin Puree- You don’t want to use pumpkin pie filling, you want to use pumpkin puree. Canned or fresh.
Topping - The cinnamon sugar topping makes this cookie a true snickerdoodle. Don't skip it.
- large bowl
- large spoon
- measuring cup set
- cookie scoop
- cookie sheet
- cooling rack
- hand or stand mixer (optional)
How to make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- In a medium bowl, blend butter and sugars.
- Use a pastry cutter to fully combine.
- Add other wet ingredients (egg, pumpkin and vanilla extract).
- Blend well. Add dry ingredients. Combine the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
5. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
6. Mix well.
7. Roll the chilled tablespoons of dough in the topping
8. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake as directed.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 2 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- for topping:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, blend butter and sugars until fully blended.
- Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin and combine.
- Add dry ingredients gradually and blend well.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Prepare topping by blending cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned with crisp edges.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
- You can make the dough the day before and chill overnight.
- You can use a pre-made cinnamon sugar mixture for the topping.
- Top your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- It is best if the eggs and butter are at room temperature for better blending.
- Use a cookie scoop for even-sized cookies.
- You can mix the topping ingredients in a plastic sandwich bag and quickly coat the cookie balls in the bag before baking.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other fun pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Twists - A fun fall treat made with refrigerated crescent rolls!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – no fancy machine needed to make this delicious coffee treat!
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake – one of my favorite fall recipes and filled with flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – A perfect fall dessert!
- Simple Pumpkin Bread - A delicious and easy pumpkin bread with streusel topping.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - These are delicious with chocolate chips!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Copycat Recipe - An easy pumpkin bread recipe
- Classic Snickerdoodle cookies - A fan favorite
We hope you enjoyed this pumpkin snickerdoodle recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy! Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.