This easy Pumpkin Pie spice recipe is perfect for all the wonderful pumpkin recipes we want to make to celebrate the season. Pumpkin pie spice is made of five spices and is perfect for baking and fall drink recipes.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying watching our sports. There is nothing like getting together with family and friends around the television to enjoy a good game!
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty way to rev up your fall meals. Like my Mulling Spice Blend, this spice blend recipe is an easy one to add to your spice rack this season. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful spice for pumpkin bread and desserts. Try in zucchini bread, carrot cake, and pumpkin muffins. It is also great sprinkled on French toast and in pancake batter.
For more great pumpkin recipes ideas, check out.
- Pumpkin Cake Bars - A light and fluffy cake that makes the most wonderful pumpkin bars when topped with whipped cream.
- Pumpkin Muffins - The wonderful taste of pumpkin in a breakfast bread.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes - These are one of my favorite pumpkin desserts.
Pumpkin pie spice is made up of a few other spices.
List of main ingredients:
Cinnamon– of course, what fall recipe doesn't have cinnamon. It is probably the spice I use most for baking.
Ginger– Ginger has a light, peppery, lemony aroma, and a hot, spicy, sweet flavor. Ginger is a natural in baked goods but is also wonderful in savory foods such as sauces, vegetables, and chicken .
Nutmeg – Nutmeg has a fresh, rich aroma and a woody, bittersweet flavor with hints of clove. It is used in lots of savory and sweet recipes.
How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice
The full recipe is below, but it just takes a few steps.
- Gather the five spices needed for this recipe.
- Combine in a bowl. If you decide to double or triple this recipe, use a bigger bowl.
- Mix well to blend.
- Store in an airtight container.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- 2. Store in an airtight container
- These make a great gift idea - make several batches and put them into little containers. Wrap with a ribbon and these are so perfect for neighbors and friends.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Autumn-perfect! I always love to keep a jar of it handy for ALL OF FALL! And if we're being honest, for the rest of the year as well..