This easy Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe is delicious and so simple. A wonderful way to enjoy the pumpkin spice flavor of fall in a dessert.
These pumpkin cupcakes from scratch are really quite easy to make and are topped with a cream cheese frosting and pumpkin for cuteness.
I hope that you are enjoying welcoming the fall season.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty fall cupcake to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal.
These cupcakes are not only a wonderful dessert for a potluck or gathering, but they also are fun for football viewing and family Halloween parties.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes that are a streamlined pumpkin cupcake, made with the help of a boxed mix. It's great for days when you need a quick recipe.
Here are so m more great pumpkin recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Twists – Another quick dessert or brunch recipe.
- Pumpkin Pepper Soup – A savory pumpkin soup
List of main ingredients and tools:
Pumpkin - You want to use solid packed pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Spice - You can make your own with this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
Cupcake Liners - I like these festive liners for cupcakes.
Frosting Tip - with a #12 round decorating tip. Then fill the bag with frosting
How to make Pumpkin cupcakes
The full recipe is below, but the steps are pretty easy.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- In a second bowl, mix together sugars and butter.
- Add eggs and pumpkin to sugar mixture.
- Blend well.
5. Add dry ingredients gradually to the batter.
6. Once all the ingredients are together, mix well.
7. Pour into prepared cups.
8. Bake as directed and let cool before frosting.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ** see notes
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs room temperature, beaten
- 1 15oz can solid-pack pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Line cupcake pans with liners
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated and butter together until light and creamy
Add eggs and pumpkin, beat until well combined
Gradually add flour mixture until well combined
Divide batter into cupcake liners using a cookie dough scoop or large spoon
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Remove from oven onto wire rack to cool completely
Cream Cheese Frosting
In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy
Add butter and beat until smooth
Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl
- Beat in vanilla and cinnamon until smooth
Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in a covered container
- Use a disposable decorator bag for the frosting for easy clean up.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.