This easy Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe is delicious and so simple. A wonderful way to enjoy the pumpkin spice flavor of fall in a dessert.
These easy pumpkin cupcakes from scratch are really quite easy to make and are topped with a cream cheese frosting and pumpkin for a cute fall dessert.
These cute pumpkin cupcakes are one of our easy Halloween dessert recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
Easy Recipe. This pumpkin cupcakes recipe incorporates spices and pumpkin flavor with real pumpkin.
Tasty. These delicious pumpkin cupcakes have warm spices and lots of pumpkin. These easy Halloween cupcakes are full of fall flavor. The top of the cupcakes are finished off with candied pumpkins for added flavor.
Fun. These Halloween Pumpkin cupcakes are not only a wonderful dessert for a potluck or gathering, but they also a great recipe for Halloween parties.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes that are a streamlined pumpkin cupcake, made with the help of a boxed mix. It's great for days when you need a quick recipe.
Pumpkin - You want to use solid packed pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe. I use canned pumpkin puree but you ca also use homemade pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Pie Spice - You can make your own with this homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe.
Cupcake Liners - I like these festive liners for cupcakes.
Frosting Tip - with a #12 round decorating tip. Then fill the bag with frosting
Orange or Black Sprinkles - optional
Full ingredient list is in recipe card.
How to Make Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
The full recipe is below, but the steps are pretty easy.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- In a second bowl, mix together sugars and butter.
- Add eggs and pumpkin to sugar mixture.
- Blend well.
5. Add dry ingredients gradually to the batter.
6. Once all the ingredients are together, mix well.
7. Pour into prepared cups.
8. Bake as directed and let cool before frosting.
9. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles if desired, and a cancy pumpkin.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Timesaving and Helful Tips
- Use a disposable decorator bag for the frosting for easy clean up.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling which already has spices and suger added.
- You can. mix the dry ingreidents ahead of time and whip these up when you are ready.
- You can freeze unfrosted cupcakes individually and enjoy then later.
More Pumpkin Recipes For your Halloween Party
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Twists – Another quick dessert or brunch recipe.
- Pumpkin Pepper Soup – A savory pumpkin soup
Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
- Large Bowl
- medium bowl
- muffin pan
- Cooling rack
- piping bag
- piping tip
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ** see notes
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs room temperature, beaten
- 1 15oz can solid-pack pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F Line cupcake pans with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, granulated and butter together until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and pumpkin, beat on medium speed until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Divide batter into cupcake liners using a cookie dough scoop or large spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven onto wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and creamyAdd butter and beat until smoothGradually add powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in vanilla and cinnamon until smoothFrost cupcakes and decorate as desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in a covered container.