This Pumpkin Mug Cake is perfect for when you want a little taste of pumpkin for a dessert or snack. It is the time of year to celebrate pumpkin flavor and this single-serving cake is such an easy way to enjoy it.
It is just the right dessert for one or two people. There is no need to make an entire cake when you can make this is just a few minutes.
Why This Recipe?
Delicious. This pumpkin spice mug cake is delicious cake full of pumpkin spice and a great way to get your pumpkin fix. It is the perfect way to enjoy fall flavor in a mug.
Easy Recipe. This single-serving dessert is so easy to make and perfect when you just want and easy dessert for one or two people. It is made with simple ingredients you likely already have on hand.
This pumpkin mug cake recipe does not use eggs, and tastes like a pumpkin dream. I made it last night when I just wanted a little something sweet before my TV time. This is my own recipe, it is not adapted. I do not like to bake with eggs in the microwave so it is egg-free.
This is also a great way to use over any leftover pumpkin that you might have. The time to bake will depend on your microwave, but you know the rule, the toothpick needs to come out clean.
- white flour - all purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- pure pumpkin puree
- baking powder
- whipped cream
Refer to recipe card for amounts.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Mug Cake
Step 1 - Mix together in a mug dry ingredients. ( I like these mugs for mug cakes)... Add wet ingredients and stir.
Step 2 - Bake until done and test with a toothpick.
Step 3 - Then top the pumpkin cake with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bread - A Starbucks copycat recipe.
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake – one of my favorite fall recipes and filled with flavors of fall.
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes – A perfect fall dessert!
- Pumpkin Soup – this Pumpkin Pepper soup is easy to make and a nice savory soup. Also very inexpensive to make.
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cookies – These pumpkin cookies are light and fluffy with crunchy pecans.
More Delicious Mug Cakes
Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe
This was so good and the best part is it takes only minutes. It is one of the quickest pumpkin dessert recipes I have ever made. What was the last thing you enjoyed that was pumpkin flavored?
- Use a microwave-safe mug that is large enough to accommodate the cake batter. The mug should be at least 12-ounce capacity to prevent overflow during baking.
- If you can, use a larger mug or place a microwave-safe plate underneath the mug to catch any potential spills in case of overflow.
- Let the mug cake cool for a minute or two before eating. It will be very hot right out of the microwave.
- In a pinch, you can use pumpkin pie filling in place of the pumpkin purée.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Use a larger mug to give the cake more room to rise or place a microwave-safe plate underneath the mug to catch any potential spills.
Yes you can.
Mug cakes are best enjoyed freshly made. What you could do is prepare the dry ingredients ahead of time and store in baggies until ready to make.
Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 1 large mug microwave-safe
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon canned canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- whipped cream
- pinch of cinnamon for topping
- Coat mug with a smidge of butter
- Mix all other ingredients except topping together in mug.
- Cook mug cake batter in the microwave 2 minutes on high.
- Check with a toothpick to ensure it comes out clean
- Depending on you microwave, you may want to add 10 - 15 seconds
- Let cool about 30 seconds
- Place on a plate or leave in mug.
- Add whipped cream and top with cinnamon
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy pumpkin mug cake recipe. We strive to be a resource for you to make the most of your time.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!