These Pumpkin Pecan cookies are full of flavor. This soft pumpkin cookie recipe is perfect to celebrate pumpkin season!
This soft pumpkin cookie recipe is perfect for a fun fall dessert idea and they smell delicious when they are baking in the oven. Much like our Pumpkin Spice Cake, these cookies offer a nice taste of pumpkin pie spice.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
These make a wonderful cake-like cookie with pumpkin spice flavor. These are fun for a fall harvest or Halloween party too.
They are truly the best soft pumpkin cookies! They are topped with pecans but you can easily change up the topping
These taste like pumpkin muffin tops and are a lovely fall season treat.
Like my pumpkin snickerdoodles, these cookies are light and soft with a chewy center.
- room temperature butter
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking spices
- canned pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling
- vanilla extract
Full list is in recipe card.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cup
- cookie scoop (optional)
There is just something about baking cookies on a rainy day.
These chewy pumpkin cookies are so good with a hot cup of tea or hot apple cider. You can even add a little icing if you want. But either way, they are good.
This recipe is adapted from BHG.
These soft pumpkin cookies are also a great way to use up any canned pumpkin that you may have leftover from cooking and baking.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Twists – Another quick dessert or brunch recipe.
- Pumpkin Pepper Soup – A savory pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin Mousse - A delicious fluffy and light pumpkin dessert idea!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies -
Don't forget to pin these!
Pro Tips and Time-savers
- Store leftover soft cookies in an airtight container.
- For a fun flair, add some icing.
- For the fluffiest pumpkin cookies, do not over-bake.
Best Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
We hope you loved this easy pumpkin cookie recipe! If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below,
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Pumpkin Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and egg over medium speed with a mixer.
- Add dry ingredients and spices to butter mixture until blended.
- Add pumpkin and pecans and blend.
- Drop by cookie dough by heaping teaspoons onto lined baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.