This time of year we love to get ready for Halloween parties and celebrations. These Fondant Ghost Muffins are a simple and fun way to make a festive Halloween dessert.
These party treat ideas go great with our fun Spooky Halloween Cocktails and our fun and festive Fall Cereal Treats. These are also great with fall dinners or to include in a lunch box treat. This post contains affiliate links.
Making ghosts out of fondant is relatively easy. All you need is white fondant and candied eyeballs.
It also helps to have a pastry wheel on hand, but if you don’t have one, a sharp knife will work too!
These cute Fondant Ghost Muffins are also nice for giving to neighbors too!
What is Fondant?
If you have never used fondant before, it is a really fun way to decorate dessert recipes easily. It is made out of sugar, water, and corn syrup and I use a store-bought fondant. I prefer this one because it is easy to work with and it tastes great!
You can make fabulous cakes and desserts with it like this fun cake I saw at the Cookie Con a few years ago.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Fondant Covered Mini Muffin Ghosts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- One Small package of white fondant
- Mini muffins
- Large circle cookie cutter
- Black decorator’s icing
- Candy eyes
- Powdered sugar
- Rolling pin
- Roll your fondant out into a thin layer. Lay down some powdered sugar on the counter before you roll the fondant to keep it front sticking.
- Cut out 4-6 circles that are an inch or two wider in diameter than the mini muffins you want to cover.
- Place the circle of fondant over the mini muffin, and shape the edges into folds to make it look like a ghost.
- Put a dab of decorator’s icing on the back of two candy eyes, and place the eyes on the front of the fondant covered mini muffin ghosts.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!