This is my Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. It makes a soft, fluffy bakery-style cookie packed with pumpkin flavor goodness and chocolate chips. Truly one of the favorite fall cookies this season.
This soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe is a great way to welcome pumpkin season!
Why Tou Will Love This Recipe
Delicious. These are the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in my opinion. These are some wonderful soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, full of pumpkin spice flavor combined with delicious chocolate chip.
Easy. These cake-like cookies are the perfect cookie when you want to whip up a pumpkin dessert in a flash. Made with simple ingredients in minutes. These are great for Halloween parties, football parties, and even lunch box snacks.
Soft. These Pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies are the best pumpkin cookies because of their soft, chewy texture. These soft cookies have a cake-like texture and are full of pumpkin goodness.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Step 1 - In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients.
Step 2 - In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and blend well over medium speed.
Step 3 - Gently fold in chocolate chips, Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets.
Step 4 - Bake as directed. Let baked cookies cool completely.
- Canned Pumpkin
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Timesaving and Best Tips for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You can make the cookie dough ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight.
- If you want flatter cookies, you can gently press the dough with the bottom of a glass or the back of a spoon before baking.
- Pumpkin pie spice can be subbed for the nutmeg and allspice.
- They are super easy to make and chances are you have all the ingredients on hand. Before making these, gather all of your ingredients and also be sure to have parchment paper on hand. I find that my cookies bake more evenly on the baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Be sure to let cookies cool completely before serving or they will fall apart.
- I used mini chocolate chips, but you can use regular chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips with this recipe.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yes, but be sure it is well-drained so it doesn't make the dough too wet.
Yes. You can add ½ cup to ¾ cup of chopped nuts. Good choices are pecans or walnuts.
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to a few months. Form the dough into individual balls, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and freeze until solid.
Then, transfer the frozen dough balls into a resealable freezer bag. When you're ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake as adding a couple of minutes to the baking time.
More Pumpkin Desserts
Candied Popcorn Recipe - A great popcorn snack that we make all year round.
Fall Crispie Snack – A fun twist on the usual cereal snack recipe.
Fall Trail Mix – This fun blend of trail mix is just for fall.
Fall Snacks – all fall-themed snacks for the season.
Don't forget to pin this.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- large or medium bowl
- Stand or hand mixer
- Cookie scoop optional
- Wire Rack
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350• F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combined soften butter, sugars, vanilla and egg over medium speed with a mixer. Add pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. (flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and allspice)
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, gradually.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into cookie batter gently.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper using a cookie scoop.
- Bake cookies 13-15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Ok to move to racks after a few minutes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!