This easy Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta recipe is perfect for an appetizer or snack any day! Made easily in minutes, this tasty Chicken Pasta with Basil is ready in about 30 minutes.
This makes a perfect weeknight Basil chicken recipe and goes fantastically with our Cheese Garlic Bread.
Hello Friends! We just got from a transatlantic trip and I am now trying to get used to the time change. We have been enjoying our weekend and loved getting together with friends as we head into the holiday season
Today I am sharing an easy weeknight chicken recipe that can be made rather quickly on the stove. It is a delicious pasta recipe made with fresh basil from my garden. Recipes with Basil are perfect for the season
This recipe is lovely with fresh basil but you can use dried basil too. Weeknight pasta is always a welcome recipe, and this one is creamy and delicious for a comforting meal.
Chicken for dinner is one of our favorites and I have been making this one for years. If you do not have fettuccini on hand, just about any kind of pasta noodle will work.
I recommend serving this with a quick salad and bread or rolls. It is so delicious and works great for dinner parties too!
Ingredients for Tomato Chicken Basil Pasta Recipe
Chicken breasts - you can use chicken tenders for this recipe and save some money. They are usually a much cheaper cut of chicken.
Heavy whipping cream
Basil leaves (ok to use dried basil if you do not have fresh)
For more great weeknight dinner recipes ideas, check out
- Quick Chicken Piccata - A lovely recipe made on the stovetop with lemon and capers
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – Made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
Chicken Basil Pasta
Chicken Basil Pasta
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces
- Pour water in a bowl and place bread crumbs on a plate or shallow bowl
- Dip each chicken piece in water and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Sprinkle each chicken piece with salt.
- Heat butter over medium-high in a skillet and add coated chicken pieces.
- Prepare fettuccini according to package directions while the chicken is cooking.
- Brown chicken on both sides until chicken is cooked and juices runs clear.
- Set aside chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add chicken broth, add heavy cream, parmesan cheese tomato and basil over low heat
- Meanwhile, drain pasta and place pasta on a serving dish. Add chicken pieces.
- Pour Parmesan basil sauce over chicken and pasta and serve.
- You can use pre-cooked chicken pieces for this recipe.
- Leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, and chicken tenders work great with this recipe.
- Precut the basil earlier in the day.
We hope you enjoyed this Creamy Basil Chicken Pasta recipe. It is one of our favorites and I make it often. If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Yeah, so I like any recipe that uses heavy cream AND butter. Plus has protein and yumminess! We still have basil from our garden and it's begging to be used.
Oh, it looks so delicious! Are there people who don't like macaroni and cheese? I'm going to start cooking this amazingly mouth-watering dish as soon as I finish writing this comment. I love that creamy texture of sauce and adding Parmesan (be the way, I don't have Parmesan now, so I will try to cook adding Provolone cheese). Thank you for the creative ideas and non-primitive recipes!
This sounds so yummy! Pinning!