This Easy Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is a perfect weeknight or weekend dinner. Made lighter with just a few ingredient substitutions and so delicious! I added chicken to this recipe, but you can just make the pasta and sauce if you wish.
This comes together quickly with a simple lighter homemade Alfredo sauce. Be sure to check out our time-saving tips following the recipe.
Hi Friends! During this time of year, I strive to lighten up recipes here and there. I am a dessert and ice cream lover and one of the ways I can offset those treats is to make recipes that contain fewer carbs and less fat. I did this the other day when I made
I don’t want to give up pasta, but I found that by making a few substitutions, I can have a lighter, healthier version without compromising on taste. This is especially helpful during those times when I find the beach calling my name! I add chicken to this recipe for a great dinner.
Ingredients for this Recipe
Chicken – I always use boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces for this recipe.
Greek Yogurt – Any brand of Greek Yogurt works well with this.
Whipping Cream – I often use the generic brand or whatever is on sale.
Parmesan Cheese – This is the best part about this dish. Because this lighter version has no butter or heavy cream, the richness of the dish comes from the cheese.
I calculated the freestyle weight watcher points and it came out to about 11 points for a serving. Perfect for a dinner option and so much better than trying to eat those frozen dinners.
I love simple dinners like this one.
For more great easy dinner recipes, see our:
- Shrimp Scampi – Served over linguini or spaghetti and comes together in minutes.
- Skillet Pork Chops – Made with dijon mustard and sweet onions, this is a favorite and they taste wonderful.
- One-Pot – Chicken and Rice – tangy chicken and wild rice all made in a single skillet.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe:
Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped parsley
- Over medium heat, season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic and cook for about 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness)
- Flip chicken and cook until chicken is browned on both sides and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let cool a bit and dice the chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare fettuccine pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix greek yogurt, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Combine chicken, cooked fettuccine and gently toss with yogurt mixture.
- Top with a little pinch of cheese and parsley.
- You can use rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken to save about 10 minutes.
- Prepared crushed garlic in jars in the grocery section works well to save some time.
- You can add butter and cream if you want to make this recipe richer in flavor.
- You can use a pre-shredded Parmesan or Parmesan-Romano blend cheese to save time.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What is your favorite pasta dish?