This easy Shrimp Scampi is perfect for dinner any night of the week and a great way to enjoy fresh (or frozen) shrimp. Cooked in a wonderful garlic butter sauce and it’s ready in minutes.
Made easily in about. minutes. It goes absolutely great with a side of pasta and some crusty garlic bread.
Hello Friends! Today I am sharing a great dinner idea that really is so quick to make. Shrimp was on sale at the market this week so it was the perfect time to take advantage of the seafood value.
This recipe can be made on your stovetop in just minutes. I like to pair it with hot pasta like linguini or spaghetti with a little butter and Parmesan. Dinner is ready in no time!
You will just need a few major ingredients for this recipe – Shrimp, Butter, Garlic and it is best served on noodles.
You can use frozen shrimp or shrimp from the seafood section. Honestly, sometimes the shrimp in the seafood section has been previously frozen, so just use your best judgment. The shrimp should not feel slimy and should not have a bad smell.
This all comes together quickly on your stovetop.
This is an entirely simple recipe, but it is oh so good! You can enjoy the shrimp in its butter garlic sauce as is,
Or you can serve it over a bed of noodles. I find that spaghetti and fettucini noodles work best with shrimp. You can also serve this over rice.
For more great weeknight dinner recipes ideas, check out:
- Tilapia Fish Tacos – delicious fish tacos with a tangy fish taco sauce!
- Skillet Pork Chops – Made with dijon mustard and sweet onions, this is a favorite and they taste wonderful.
- One-Pot – Chicken and Rice – tangy chicken and wild rice all made in a single skillet.
- Savory Pot Roast – A delicious homestyle roast with vegetables made in your slow cooker.
Be sure to bookmark this recipe for later.
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 slice lemon
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Heat butter in a skillet on medium low heat.
- Add garlic, wine and shrimp and cook until just pink for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon slice over shrimp.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with red pepper flakes.
- You can use garlic from a jar to save a couple of minutes.
- This recipe cooks FAST, so make sure that you have your pasta, rice or anything else you are serving with this made and ready to go.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.