This easy Chicken Florentine Pasta is made on your stovetop in about 30 minutes. This is a lighter version and it tastes delicious too!
This is a great dinner idea that you can make on your stove or bake in the oven for more of a casserole. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! Have you been binge-watching a lot of TV? I feel like I have watched so much lately and I have started to get into a few more shows lately.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for an easy dinner to put together quickly. This is a tasty chicken dinner recipe that is made with pasta and all the flavors come together with cheesy goodness in just minutes too.
We love chicken dinners and eat chicken more than any other meat in our house. It is fun to change up the dinners so that it doesn't feel like we are eating the same thing over and over. This dish has some great flavors.
List of main ingredients.
Chicken – I usually use boneless skinless chicken breasts but you can also use chicken tenders for this recipe.
Spinach – I usually buy spinach prewashed and pre-trimmed from the grocery store, but you can buy the traditional spinach and wash it yourself. Just be sure to wash it really well.
Pasta – For this recipe, I used a spiral pasta because that is what I had, but you can use just about any pasta or noodle for this recipe.
Variations on this recipe
You can add cooked bacon bits in this recipe to kick up the flavor factor.
How to make Chicken Florentine Pasta
Then we add the noodles and cheese sauce. I like to throw it into a casserole dish and bake it for a bit.
For more great chicken dinner recipes ideas:
- Easy Chicken Piccata recipe This delicious chicken with capers dinner comes together in minutes on your stove.
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – A perfect weeknight casserole made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite made with just a few ingredients!
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Chicken Florentine Pasta
Chicken Florentine Pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter for browning
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 bag spinach leaves (about 3 ½ cups)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter (for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons Bread Crumbs
- ¾ cup Mozerella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut chicken into 1" pieces.
- Cook chicken breasts in a skillet in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until light brown and set aside in a casserole dish.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package while chicken is cooking and drain. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in skillet with 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are browned. Add mushrooms to the casserole dish.
- Saute spinach over medium-low in the same skillet for about one minute and add to casserole dish. Add another teaspoon of butter to skillet if needed.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the casserole.
- In a small sauce pan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over low heat.
- Add flour to butter and whisk.
- Add half and half to flour mixture and continue to whisk.
- Cook about 1 -2 minutes or until thickened. If the sauce is too thin, add a little more flour.
- Add the Mozzarella cheese and salt to sauce and mix together.
- Pour cheese sauce into cooked pasta and stir. Then add pasta and sauce into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake 10-15 minutes.
- As I mentioned, I like to use a prewashed spinach for this.
- You can substitute canned tomatoes for fresh tomatoes if you like.
- You can use a pre-shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- You can skip baking in the oven, I like to do it to add a casserole flair.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.