This delicious Spaghetti Salad is a simple pasta salad recipe that is perfect for a light meal or as a cold salad side dish. Cool and refreshing with fresh colorful seasonal vegetables. Be sure to check out our other great summer salad recipes.
This spaghetti salad is the perfect side dish or meal to enjoy year-round. It is especially refreshing when the weather is hot and you want to enjoy a simple salad. As you know, all our recipes have to be two things, delicious and simple.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Cool for Summer. I love that it is still summer for a few more weeks and am ready for a cool down in the weather.
Delicious. This is one of my favorite cold spaghetti salad recipes. The crisp fresh vegetables pair so nicely with the dressing.
Easy. This Vegetable Spaghetti salad is perfect to make any time of year for dinner or lunch and is great for a barbecue or picnic too! You can make it the night before and have it ready for your day.
How Do You Make Spaghetti Salad?
It is easy! All you do is cut some fresh peppers, celery, and tomatoes, boil a pot of spaghetti and top with some Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese.
Tips for this recipe:
- It is a good idea to cut your spaghetti in half before you boil as it makes for easier eating.
- You can change up the noodles and use linguini, bowtie or any other type of pasta, including whole wheat pasta.
- I like to use half of two different color bell peppers for added flair. You can also use mini peppers for this recipe.
This salad makes a great chicken side dish or beef side dish.
If you are packing this salad to take to a potluck, I would suggest packing the cheese separate and add it just prior to serving.
More Cold Salad Recipes
- Creamy Macaroni Salad - One of our reader favorites that has been pinned thousands of times!
- Simple Cucumber Salad A light and colorful cucumber salad which is great when you are low on ingredients.
- Updated Three Bean Salad - An updated twist on a classic salad.
- Penne Pasta Salad - Cucumbers, bell peppers and tomatoes combine with penne pasta for a perfect summer salad
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Cold Spaghetti Salad Recipe
To save some time making this Spaghetti Salad:
- Use pre-cut celery and onion from the grocery store, or prepare your own vegetables the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- Use packaged shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Make this recipe the day before and it will be ready for you when you are.
This recipe is also great as a take-along lunch as long as it stays refrigerated.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Cold Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- ½ cup onion
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon sliced olives
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian salad dressing
- Boil spaghetti per package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, combine vegetables in a small bowl.
- Once spaghetti is ready, drain and let cool.
- Add salad dressing to spaghetti and blend.
- Add vegetables to spaghetti.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend well and cover.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.