This colorful Vegetable Spaghetti Salad is perfect for a summer meal or side dish. Cool and refreshing with fresh seasonal vegetables.
This spaghetti salad is the perfect side dish or meal to enjoy year round. It is especially refreshing when the weather is hot and you want to enjoy a simple salad. As you know, all our recipes have to be two things, delicious and simple. Be sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter for more recipes each week.
Last week was very busy with school starting and we enjoyed this transition time with football and food this weekend. I love that it is still summer for a few more weeks and am ready for a cool down in the weather. This dish is perfect to make any time of year for dinner or lunch and is great for a barbecue or picnic too!
How Do You Make Spaghetti Salad?
It is easy! All you do is cut some fresh peppers, celery and tomatoes, boil a pot of spaghetti and top with some Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese.
Tips for this recipe:
- It is a good idea to cut your spaghetti in half before you boil as it makes for easier eating.
- You can change up the noodles and use linguini, bowtie or any other type of pasta, including whole wheat pasta.
- I like to use half of two different color bell peppers for added flair. You can also use mini peppers for this recipe.
I have several really great cool and refreshing picnic salad recipes that you may want to check out if you have extra vegetables.
This salad makes a great chicken side dish or beef side dish.
If you are packing this salad to take to a potluck, I would suggest packin
Spaghetti Salad Recipe
Vegetable Spaghetti Salad
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon sliced olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
Boil spaghetti per package directions.
While spaghetti is cooking, combine vegetables in a small bowl.
Once spaghetti is ready, drain and let cool.
Add salad dressing to spaghetti and blend.
Add vegetables to spaghetti.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
Blend well and cover.
Chill in refrigerator overnight.
To save some time making this Spaghetti Salad:
- Use precut celery and onion from the grocery store, or prepare your own vegetables the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- Use packaged shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Make this recipe the day before and it will be ready for you when you are.
This recipe is also great as a take-along lunch as long as it stays refrigerated.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!