This Easy Macaroni Salad recipe is a favorite of mine for barbeques and summer gatherings. I first made macaroni salad in the 10th grade in my home economics class in high school. Since then I have changed up the ingredients a bit to make it more to my taste.
This is my best macaroni salad because it is how I prefer it, without pickles and with olives and only a hint of mustard. The result is a cool, creamy macaroni salad that goes so well with barbecued foods. I like to use different colors of peppers for a more colorful salad.
You the colors better in person, but if you look close, you can see some of the colors coming through. This is one of the best creamy macaroni salad recipes I have made. It is often a favorite at gatherings and is so easy to make. You can also make this the day before and I think that it helps the flavors blend well.
If you like a little more bold flavor like my husband does, I make another version of a cold macaroni salad that has more mustard and apple cider vinegar in it.
For more great salad recipes, try our best easy salad recipes;
Easy Chopped Salad Recipe – This Italian inspired recipe makes for a wonderful lunch or light dinner in itself.
Mango Arugula Salad Recipe – Argula makes a nice change up in a green salad. The addition of fresh mango makes this a delightful, colorful salad.
Easy Mediterranean Salad – Another perfectly colorful salad that brightens any table.
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
Easy & Creamy Macaroni Salad
- 4 cups macaroni uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2/3 cup celery chopped
- 2/3 cup bell peppers chopped (I like to use green and red or green and orange for color)
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni per package directions. Rinse with cold water and thoroughly drain.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend in onion, celery, epeppers, carrot and olives. Add cooked and drained pasta.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Make this salad dressing the night before.
- You can boil the pasta ahead of time so it is ready when you are.
- You can actually make this entire salad the day before.
What’s your favorite barbecue side dish?
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!