An easy Mediterranean Salad made with peppers, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, and Feta cheese. Perfect as a main entree or side dish.
Did you have a great weekend? We had fun times celebrating a birthday and going to a football game with friends. The evenings are still long and beautiful and I can definitely feel a cooler season coming in.
Over the weekend, I made one of my easiest recipes, this tasty Mediterranean Greek Salad. This simple salad recipe is perfect for warm nights, football parties and is even better the next day as a take along lunch (which I do often). Over the years, I adapted it from one of my old Betty Crocker recipe books. It is meatless, but you can add chicken or steak to make it heartier.
All the ingredients are fresh from your farmers market or grocery store.
The ingredients come together to make a beautiful and tasty, hearty salad.
Sometimes I use bell peppers and other times I use the sweet mini peppers. They make the salad so flavorful and colorful!
For more great salad recipes, try our best easy salad recipes;
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Mediterranean Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red cabbage
- 2 medium tomatoes diced or 1/2 cup mini tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- chopped peppers (I used 4 sweet mini peppers
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Mix above ingredients, except cheese in bowl.
- Add feta cheese and dressing before serving
I like to use a traditional olive oil and lemon dressing, but a balsamic vinaigrette also goes well with it.
Mediterranean Salad Dressing
3/4 cup Olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt and pepper
Mix the above ingredients in a mason jar or bottle. Cover and shake well.
- Use precut lettuce, olives , and cabbage
- Use a bottled dressing instead of making it from scratch
- Pre-make the salad the night before with everything but the cheese. Add cheese and dressing just prior to serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your w
eekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Check out the other great take-along salad recipes we have too!
How was your weekend?