A delicious Mediterranean Pasta Salad that is refreshing and fresh, and easy to make. It is made with garden tomatoes, chickpeas, arugula, and pasta and is tossed in a light dressing
This pasta salad recipe is made with just a few ingredients, so it is one of my go-to recipes when I need a quick salad idea.
This Greek Pasta salad with Feta cheese, chickpeas, and arugula makes a nice and simple Dinner Idea for summer. Sometimes we just want a light meal to enjoy with a glass of wine.
Why This Recipe
This Mediterranean-inspired salad is made from fresh ingredients. It has arugula in it which is a nice, unexpected green. The peanuts add a nice crunch that is refreshing.
I used rotini pasta, but you can use any mid-sized pasta for this recipe. A great way to add a little heartiness to a salad.
This salad is perfect for backyard barbecues, picnics, and potlucks as it is very packable.
You can make the salad one day in advance and keep it refrigerated, just make sure you add the arugula just before serving, otherwise it will look damaged.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Ingredients
Pasta– I used rotini pasta because that is what I had on hand. You can use other small pastas such as ziti, bowtie or .
Tomatoes – Use your favorite type of tomato.
Chickpea – I use my favorite canned chickpeas. Be sure to drain them first.
Arugula – This green adds a wonderful, peppery flavor.
Feta Cheese – fresh crumbled Feta is best.
Lemon – Use fresh lemon juice.
Nuts– I used peanuts which work well in this recipe.
How to Prepare Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Wash all of the vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the pasta in a pot by itself according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- You can prepare the vegetables earlier in the day so you can put the salad together easily.
- You can cook the pasta ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Mix with a little olive oil so it won’t get dry.
- Make it a heartier meal by adding grilled chicken to make it a Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
What Should I Serve With Mediterranean Salad?
I would serve this salad with homemade pita bread or crackers.
Can You Make-ahead Mediterranean salad?
You can make this salad a few hours before, but any longer than that, and the arugula might get soggy.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 3 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups baby tomato truss or cherry tomato
- 1 ½ cup canned chickpeas
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook your chosen pasta as indicated in the package.
- Chop tomatoes in halves or quarters and place them in a large bowl.
- Add drained canned chickpeas, fresh arugula, fresh parsley and crumbled feta cheese. Stir to combine.
- Let cooked pasta cool for a few minutes, and then add it to the large bowl. Stir until combined, toss with olive oil and salt.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
More Mediterranean Salad Recipes
Mediterranean Chopped Salad – This colorful and healthy chopped salad is easy to make and delicious.
Simple Chickpea Salad – Chickpeas are the star of this salad and it makes a great take-a-long salad.
Caprese Salad – Basil, Mozzarella and tomatoes in a lovely light balsamic dressing.
Summer Tomato Salad – A great summer salad where tomatoes are the star of the show.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.