This Easy Pasta Salad is a simple, traditional recipe that can be changed up with fresh vegetables but is always delicious! It is one of my favorite items to pack for lunch.
This Classic Pasta Salad is always a hit at barbecues, picnics, and parties too! Easy to make and also super economical too since the vegetables are fairly inexpensive, as is the spiral pasta.
With these warm summer days, sometimes I just want to have a cool salad for dinner or lunch. One of my favorites is pasta salad, which can be made in about 10 minutes.
Today I am sharing a simple recipe for Pasta Salad. Made with rotini pasta and fresh vegetables, drizzled in a tasty dressing for a fabulous picnic salad or side dish.
The Basic Ingredients are
- Rotini or spiral pasta
- Bell Peppers
- Homemade Pasta Salad Dressing or a bottled Italian dressing
- Feta Cheese – If you want to make this a Vegetarian Pasta Salad Recipe, just omit this ingredient.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe.
Creamy Macaroni Salad – This recipe is a favorite on our site and has been pinned over 16000 times!
Dill Pasta Salad – Dill adds a nice flavor to this cold pasta salad recipe.
Penne Pasta Salad – Got penne? Make this delightful and colorful salad for a side dish.
Pepper Broccoli Salad – Another great picnic salad made with broccoli and bacon. Sure to please and a nice, unexpected side dish.
Spaghetti Salad – This colorful salad is made with spaghetti noodles and is delicious!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
- 1 package spiral or rotini pasta (1 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (I used green and yellow)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (I prefer red)
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 can olives (2.25 0z)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette or Italian Salad dressing (bottled or homemade)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop up the bell peppers, tomato and onions and set aside.
3. When the pasta is ready, drain and rinse with cold water, then drain again.
4. Add other ingredients and mix with salad dressing.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for best results.
6. This is a great salad to take for lunch. You can add chopped ham or cooked chicken or cucumbers if you like.
This recipe makes about 8 servings. Enjoy!
For fun, here is the original photo from this recipe that was posted the first year of the blog. My photography was lacking big time!