During the summer, I tend to eat more salads. They are refreshing and you do not have to turn the oven on to make one. My Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is a favorite at our house. Over the years, I have found that I prefer making my own salad dressings for a few reasons:
- It is cheaper than buying a bottle of dressing
- There are no added preservatives
- I can flavor the dressings to my family's tastes
- They only take a few minutes to prepare
- I honestly think they taste better than bottled
This recipe is for a simple Balsamic Vinaigrette.
It is very easy to make and is especially good on a field or mixed greens salad or as a pasta salad. It will keep in your refrigerator for about two weeks.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
These are the basic ingredients:
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- garlic, minced
- black pepper
Equipment & Kitchen Tools
- bowl or mason jar
- spoon or whisk
- measuring cups/spoons
How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pour ingredients into a bowl or mason jar.
- Mix well with a whisk or spoon.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Mix the ingredients together in a mason jar or plastic container with a lid. Mix together and refrigerate at least one hour. Great on salad or cooked, cooled pasta. Enjoy!
More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
Italian Salad Dressing - An easy recipe that is great for pasta salads and as a marinade besides being a family favorite salad dressing.
Honey Mustard Dressing A delicious tangy salad dressing that is also great for with chicken.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. This classic buttermilk ranch dressing is the best for salads and fresh cut vegetables.
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing This steakhouse style Blue Cheese dressing is delicious on salads and also goes well with chicken wings.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- The best way to add dressing to a salad is to drizzle a small amount over your greens, just before serving.
- When adding dressing, the drier the leaves, the better the salad dressing will cling. I like to serve a bit of the dressing with the salad in a jar so that people can add more dressing if they like.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Mix the ingredients together in a mason jar or plastic container with a lid.
- Mix together and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Great on salad or cooked, cooled pasta. Enjoy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.