I am sharing a simple recipe for Blue Cheese dressing. This homemade Blue Cheese dressing is better than any store-bought variety in my opinion.
Why This Recipe?
I have always preferred to make my dressings from scratch, but because there are no preservatives, they do not last as long. So when I have some time, I will always make a dressing.
This Blue Cheese dressing recipe is so easy to make and I make it with low-fat milk, instead of whole milk or buttermilk to save some calories, and it tastes great either way.
Nothing beats fresh salad dressing when you are enjoying a crisp salad. This recipe just has seven ingredients making it a quick recipe.
It also makes a great vegetable and buffalo wing dip too!
Blue Cheese dressing is great for so many salads. I especially love it in a wedge salad or with Romaine lettuce. It also goes great with these Easy Hot Chicken wings.
What is your favorite salad dressing flavor?
Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of garlic salt
- two pinches of pepper
- Mix together ingredients and blend well.
- I like to make mine in a mason jar and then it is ready for serving and storage.
- Refrigerate 1 - 2 hours before serving. It will keep about 4-5 days.
Timesaving Tips for this Recipe
- You can serve this right away, but, it has the best flavor after it has been chilled for a couple of hours.
- To save time, you can buy the blue cheese crumbles, but you will get more for your money if you buy the block and crumble it yourself with a fork.
- You can double the recipe and store extra dressing in the refrigerator in a mason jar or covered jar for up to one week.
More Delicious & Easy Salad Dressings
Italian Salad Dressing – A delicious and flavorful dressing for salads and great on pasta salads too!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – A creamy buttermilk dressing that is perfect for salads, wings and vegetables.
Honey Mustard Dressing – A favorite for the entire family! Kids love it with chicken tenders and it is wonderful on salads too!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.