This homemade Blue Cheese dressing is better than any store-bought variety in my opinion. It is a classic steakhouse Blue Cheese salad dressing and is made without buttermilk. Perfect for a steak house salad and it goes great with my New York strip steak.
Why This Recipe?
I have always preferred to make homemade salad dressing from scratch, but because there are no preservatives, they do not last as long. So when I have some time, I will always make my own blue cheese dressing.
This Blue Cheese dressing recipe is so easy to make and I make it with low-fat milk, instead of whole milk or buttermilk to save some calories, and it tastes great either way. Once you make your own dressing, you will buy less bottled dressing.
Nothing beats fresh salad dressing when you are enjoying a crisp salad. This recipe just has seven simple ingredients making it a quick recipe. I make it often and not just for special occasions.
This is a great homemade blue cheese recipe for wings and chicken fingers or fresh vegetables. If you are a fan of blue Cheese dressing, I hope you try it.
t also makes a great side dish or dipping sauce for buffalo wings too!
- mayonnaise (regular or light mayo will work)
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- blue cheese crumbles - use your favorite type of blue cheese from your grocery store
- garlic salt
- black pepper
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- medium bowl
- spoon or whisk
- mason jar or container with lid
Blue Cheese dressing is great for so many salads. I especially love it in a classic wedge salad or with Romaine lettuce. It also goes great with these Easy Hot Chicken wings.
What is your favorite salad dressing flavor?
Timesaving Tips for this Recipe
- You can serve this right away, but, it has the best flavor after it has been chilled for a couple of hours.
- To save time, you can buy the blue cheese crumbles, but you will get more for your money if you buy the block and crumble it yourself with a fork.
- You can double the recipe and store extra dressing in the refrigerator in a mason jar or covered jar for up to one week.
- If mixture is thick, you can make it a more pourable dressing by adding a little water or milk.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you don't have garlic salt, you can substitute garlic powder.
Serve with a romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes for a classic steakhouse salad. It also goes well with an iceberg lettuce wedge salad. It doesn't just have to go with a side salad. It can work with a main dish salad too. For example it is a good choice for a Cobb salad or any of your salad recipes.
More Delicious & Easy Salad Dressing Recipes
Italian Salad Dressing - A delicious and flavorful dressing for salads and great on pasta salads too!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing - A creamy buttermilk dressing that is perfect for salads, wings and vegetables.
Honey Mustard Dressing - A favorite for the entire family! Kids love it with chicken tenders and it is wonderful on salads too!
Light Coleslaw Dressing - A deliious dressing made with light mayo.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe. We think it is an amazing Blue Cheese dressing. If you agree, please give us a 5 star rating.
Steakhouse Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ⅛ teaspoon of garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- two pinches of black pepper
- Mix together ingredients and blend well.
- I like to make mine in a mason jar and then it is ready for serving and storage.
- Refrigerate 1 - 2 hours before serving. It will keep about 4-5 days.
We hope you loved this easy homemade dressing recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few of our favorite recipes each week and a few things that I don’t share here.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.