Today I am sharing How to Make Hot Wings in the oven. This recipe makes delicious Buffalo-style hot wings with just a handful of ingredients. I love baked chicken wings because they are so easy to make and everyone always eats them until they are all gone.
If you have tried my Glazed Chicken Wings, you will love these wings, These are hot wings and you can choose the hot sauce you like.
Another week is in the books and football is going to be starting soon! While I may not get to a game this year, I do plan to enjoy watching the season with all the food that represents football and tailgating.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty appetizer or entree for a small plate. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. Keep in mind that this recipe involves chilling of the wings before baking, so be sure to allow time for that when preparing.
Serve these with some celery and carrots and Buttermilk Ranch dressing or Blue cheese dressing.
Crispy and spice on the outside and moist and tender on the inside, these hot wings are better than most storebought wings.So perfect for game day, barbecues, gatherings, and parties.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other game day faves:
- Fresh Vegetable Cream Cheese Dip – a lovely light dip that goes perfectly with fresh raw vegetables.
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip - A wonderful hot and cheesy dip that the entire family will love.
- Really Easy Jalapeno Poppers – these delicious stuffed chilis are made easily in your oven and are not fried.
- Puff Pastry Ham Wheels – a perfect pinwheel sandwich appetizer.
- Grape Jelly Meatballs - A delicious meatball appetizer that you can make in your slow ooker.
- Soy Garlic Chicken Wings - Flavorful wings in a tasty garlic sauce
- 7 Layer Dip - A fan favorite and a delicious layered dip.
- Baked Chicken Tenders - Delicious boneless chicken tenders for dipping.
This recipe only take s few ingredients and is very easy to prepare.
Hot Wings Ingredients
Chicken Wings– You will want to use chicken. wings that are already trimmed from the grocery store. Sometimes these are labeld as party wings.
Hot Sauce – Pick your favorite hot sauce variety for this one. Note the level of hotness so that you make these at the spice level you prefer.
Butter – You will want to use real butter for best results.
Variations on this recipe:
For even crispier wings, add ½ teaspoon of baking powder to the flour before coating.
Tips for the recipe:
Bake the wings in a baking sheet with ridges if possible, so that the chicken cooks more evenly and the juices can run.
How to make Hot Wings in the Oven
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- You can prepare these the night before and refrigerate overnight after coating with flour.
- You can purchase blue cheese dressing and precut celery and carrots.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if needed.
How to Make Hot Wings in the Oven
- 20 chicken wings
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melt4ed
- ½ cup bottle hot sauce.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Dry the raw wings on paper towels thoroughly.
- 3, Place the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a resealable plastic bag or in a bowl.
- 4. Dip the wings in the flour mixture and toss until well coated with the flour mixture
- 6. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix together the hot sauce and melted butter.
- 6. Dip each flour-coated wing into the hot sauce mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
- 7. Bake 45 minutes, while turning wings once. Chicken is done when they are no longer pink in the center.
- 8. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
YUM! Cassidy loves wings. I have trouble with hot and spicy things but even I can admit these look great.
I love hot wings! Can't wait to try out this recipe!!
I had to put these in the freezer after putting in fridge to marinade, due to an emergency. Can I thaw them? Dip in hot sauce and butter and still cook?
I would cook then in an air fryer or oven if you can. I would not thaw them first as they may get soggy. Instead spread then on foil prior to baking. Hope all is ok.