This Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese is a hit at every event and the perfect dip for your next party.
This irresistible buffalo chicken dip comes together with just a few ingredients and is perfect for game day. This recipe is true to the original buffalo dip recipe. But if you desire a blue cheese free dip, try my other Buffalo Chicken Dip without Blue Cheese for another amazing dip.
This is an easy layered dip recipe for a crowd.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe. This delicious easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and is also very easy to make ahead.
Delicious. This incredible dip is full of the great flavor of buffalo wings in a hot creamy dip. The bleu cheese adds a level of flavor that is cheesier from the original recipe.
Adjustable. You can easily adjust the spice level of this easy dip recipe. I usually make two versions and kick one up a notch for our Super Bowl Party.
- cooked chicken - I use store-bought rotisserie chicken and shred it.
- cream cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- Frank’s red hot sauce (original sauce or wing sauce works)
- blue cheese crumbles
- green onions
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- Cheese - instead of Sharp Cheddar cheese, you can use Colby Jack or Pepper Jack
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or a little more of Frank's Red hot sauce while cooking to add a little heat into the dish.
- Sauce - If you can't find Franks Hot sauce, you can use a hot pepper sauce or homemade buffalo sauce.
How to Make Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe with Blue Cheese
Step 1 - Layer softened cream cheese in dish,
Step 2 - Top cream cheese layer with Franks hot sauce.
Step 3 - Add shredded chicken.
Step 4 - Add shredded cheese.
Step 5 - Top with green onions and blue cheese crumbles and bake.
This dip can be served in a small slow cooker or crock pot on low setting to keep it warm.
- tortilla chips
- corn chips
- potato chips
- baguette slices
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- pita chips
Timesaving Tips and Helpful Hints
- Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Leftover dip makes a great buffalo chicken salad - just add a little chopped celery and use it like egg salad.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¾ cup Franks buffalo sauce
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumbled blue cheese for topping
- Green onions or chives for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 8x11 inch, or similarly sized dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the cream cheese to the dish, and spread, covering the bottom of the dish.
- Pour Franks hot sauce over the cream cheese layer and spread out evenly.
- Add chicken in a single layer over the hot sauce.
- Drizzle ranch over the chicken.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and green onions, and serve warm.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.