This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a delicious hot appetizer idea. Made with cream cheese and a few additional ingredients, this delicious hot dip is spicy and addicting.
Made with hot sauce, this buffalo dip recipe makes a creamy, spicy hot dip.
We are all about simple recipes for celebrations here and this easy appetizer idea is one I think you will love.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This buffalo ranch chicken dip is simple, delicious, and just takes a few minutes to put together.
This dip is very versatile – you can make this on the stovetop, in the microwave, in the oven, or in a crockpot.
Buffalo chicken flavor comes through nicely in this creamy dip. You can serve this with corn chips, tortilla chips, or celery sticks.
This dip is the perfect appetizer when you do not have a lot of time to prepare. You can serve it for family gatherings, football parties, or as a game day.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients.
Ranch Dressing – you can also use Blue Cheese dressing or a combination of both.
Hot Sauce – or a buffalo sauce
Cheese – I like to use sharp cheddar or a Colby jack cheese
Green onion – chopped, for garnish
Seasonings – Just your basic garlic powder and black pepper is needed.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
This will depend on the method of making it, so below is listed the equipment to make it
- saucepan – if making on the stovetop
- microwave-safe bowl – for the microwave version
- slow cooker – for crockpot version
- oven-safe bowl – for the oven method
- mixing bowl
- whisk or spatula
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Step By Step Instructions on Stovetop
- For best results, shred the chicken into small pieces. You don’t want chicken chunks, but chicken bits.
- Place ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir often with a spatula or whisk until cream cheese is melted.
- Pour into a dip bowl.
- Top with green onions.
Step By Step Instructions in Microwave
- Mix ingredients (except cheddar cheese) in a large bowl.
- Spoon dip into a microwave bowl and top with shredded cheese.
- Heat 3 minutes on high.
- Top with green onions.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to oven-safe bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake at 350°f for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly
- Top with green onions.
Step By Step Instructions – Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- For crockpot buffalo chicken dip. Add all ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for three to four hours stirring about every half hour with a spatula.
- The yummy dip is done when cream cheese has thoroughly melted.
- Top with chopped green onion.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts for Delicious Buffalo Dip
- You can make this dip the day ahead. You can also freeze it.
- You can use a rotisserie chicken or canned chunk chicken to save time.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can raise the spice level on this tangy dip by adding a couple of teaspoons of additional hot sauce.
- You can make the crock pot buffalo chicken dip version in 1-2 hours if you set the crockpot on high heat. Be sure to stir often.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Serve with corn chips, tortilla chips, celery or carrot sticks, or crackers. It also works well with a sliced baguette.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
To freeze, place in a freezer-safe container and freeze up to three weeks. To defrost, simply let defrost in the refrigerator about 8 hours.
Can I make buffalo dip in the crock pot?
Yes, you can.
Can I make buffalo dip on the stove top?
Can I make the dip with Blue Cheese dressing instead of Ranch?
Yes, this dip tastes great either way.
More Popular Recipes for Football Season
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 8oz block, cream cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- green onions
- chips or crackers
- Mix together ream cheese, ranch dressing and garlic salt in a large bowl or oven-safe dish.
- Add chicken and hot sauce and mix well.
- top with shredded cheese
- Heat in the In the microwave at high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once halfway. OR bake in a 350° f oven for 10 minutes.
- Add green onions or chives for garnish.
We hope you enjoyed this buffalo wing dip recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.