We have some Spring Cleaning tips for you today and a free Spring Cleaning checklist to help you get started!
Maybe to most people cleaning and fun don't naturally go together, but honestly, I believe that cleaning can be fun, or at least the outcome of it. A clean and organized home can be wonderfully freeing! So here are some spring cleaning tips to help get everyone involved.
Several people have asked me for some tips on getting the family to help with the cleaning and organization process. So, today I'm sharing some tips to continue on your spring cleaning with the help of your family. Our kids are out of the house now, but we often had cleaning sessions as family activities when the kids were younger. Here are a few spring cleaning tips on what worked at our home to get everyone involved.
- Use a Spring Cleaning Checklist to help you get it all done.
- Set specific times for everyone to chip in with cleaning the house and let family members know they are expected to participate. No one wants to hear they have to do something at the last minute, so give everyone a day or two notice.
- Make a schedule and consider buddying up to complete tasks. If it is a big job, like cleaning the garage you may want to have everyone involved.
- Put on some energizing music or let kids wear headphones if everyone has different tastes.
- Place cardboard boxes or laundry baskets in the rooms with labels for 1) Trash 2) Donate 3) Elsewhere (for things that go somewhere else).
- Be sure the tasks are age appropriate. Older kids should be able to help with deeper cleaning. Let the kids know what they're expected to do and let them do it.
- Be sure to ask the kids for ideas on how to improve the cleaning process, they may surprise you. Maybe they want different music or to make games out of it. Let them make the signs for the boxes. Getting them involved will allow them to buy into the process
- Make sure everybody has access to what they need - cleaning supplies, rags, windowa spray, dusters etc. It's really hard if 3 people need the same item.
- Take everyone out for a fun lunch or dinner (with dessert included) to reward yourself. Be sure to thank everyone for their assistance. Families can tend to forget to thank each other and take actions for granted. Even if something is expected, a thank you goes a long way.
Don't forget to print out the Spring Cleaning Checklist.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Does your family pitch in with cleaning activities? What tips would you add?
Be sure to bookmark this and share with your friends!