This easy Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is so easy because of it practically cookies itself. A delicious corned beef served with carrots, onions, and cabbage.
Crockpot recipes are great for busy days or when you just want a little extra time for yourself. Be sure to see my time-saving tips following the recipe.
Hello Friends! I am sure it is a bit of a crazy week for you as it is for us, but we are trying to celebrate the good in every day and with St. Patrick’s day coming, this Crockpot Corned Beef recipe is an easy one to cook during the day.
This recipe is pretty economical to make as it just requires a few ingredients. I do highly recommend that when you cook this in your slow cooker, that you cook it on low, rather than high, for a perfect, succulent roast.
Ingredients for this recipe:
Corned Beef – of course, this is the main ingredient. Corned beef is relatively inexpensive and is made from brisket. Most corned beef comes with a seasoning packet. Be wary of this because corned beef already has extra salt in it and I prefer to only use 3/4 of the seasoning packet.
Cabbage – I prefer using green cabbage, (also known as Cannonball cabbage), for this recipe.
Beef Stock – I have found that using beef stock in this recipe makes for a delightful, rich beef flavor.
What to serve with corned beef and cabbage
One of the nice things about this recipe is that the entire meal pretty much comes together in the slow cooker. I like to serve it with a nice biscuit or beer bread.
For more great beef recipes ideas, check out:
- Beef Stroganoff – Made easily in minutes, the rich beef flavor, hot pasta, and creamy goodness make for a wonderful and comforting meal in about 30 minutes.
- Sloppy Joe Casserole – A classic recipe casserole style. Perfect for potlucks and parties too!
- Irish Meat Pies – Delicious hand-held meat and potato pies that work for both dinner and an appetizer!
How to make Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
This recipe is best made on the slowest setting for delicious corned beef. The corned beef is slow-cooked in broth for a few hours and vegetables are added later. The cabbage takes the least amount of time to cook, so it is added last. Note that this is meant to be made with a seasoning packet that comes with the corned beef, but if you don’t have one, just mix 1 teaspoon each of peppercorns, mustard seeds and 1/2 teaspoon of cloves together.
Don’t Forget to bookmark this recipe.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- slow cooker
- 1 3-4 lb corned beef brisket with seasonsing packet
- 4 cups beef broth, low sodium preferred.
- 1 cup carrots (chopped or baby)
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cups small red or white potatoes
- 1 small cabbage
- Grease the crockpot interior or use a liner.
- Add corned beef and 3/4 of the seasoning packet.
- Add 4 cups beef broth and cook on low heat.
- At the 6 hour mark, add potatoes and carrots and cover
- One hour before end of cook time, add onions and cabbage. Cover.
- Let sit a few minuts before serving.
- Pre chop the onions, carrots, and cabbage ahead of time and keep in refrigerated until ready to use.
- Use a crockpot liner for easy cleanup. I always use these to save time.
- Use small potatoes to save time peeling and cutting.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and serve on sandwiches the next day.
We hope you enjoyed this easy corned beef and cabbage recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.