This easy Pistachio Pie is a wonderful no-bake dessert that is easy to make. Only a handful of ingredients are needed to make this tasty, flavorful dessert and it is so tasty!
We are ice cream fans so this pie is a perfect frozen dessert that comes together pretty quickly. You just need to allow it a couple of hours to freeze and set.
Pistachio Ice Cream Pie is fun to make for St. Patrick's day if you are looking for green food to celebrate the holiday. We love pistachios and make this delicious dessert during the summer too!
This week I worked on cleaning out my craft closet. I have decided to let go of some of the materials that I have been holding on to for too long. I figure if I have not made anything with them by now, it is a sign to donate them to someone who would love them.
Today's ice cream pie recipe is an easy one to make and I share it today because St. Patrick's day is coming up soon. It is fun and simple way to celebrate the holiday and enjoy a tasty dessert at the same time.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Watergate Salad - AKA Seafoam Salad - A classic dessert recipe that mom used to make.
- Rainbow Fruit Parfaits – A wonderfully colorful and festive dessert or snack made with fresh, seasonal fruit.
- Oreo cheesecake - this recipe is as delicious as it is easy! You NEED to try it!
- Oreo McFlurry - Just like the one from McDonalds.
This easy semi-homemade dessert is super easy, You just need a few ingredients:
Pie Crust – You can make a simple pie crust with oreo cookies and butter, or you can buy a premade cookie crust. Either works great and tastes the same.
Ice Cream –Pistachio ice cream is what we use for this, although you could easily substitute it with mint chip ice cream too.
Whipped Cream – I like to make my own whipped cream, but you can use a canned version if you wish.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Pistachio Ice Cream Pie
- Use a premade cookie pie crust to save some time.
- If your ice cream is too hard you can soften in the microwave on low for about 20 seconds.
- 2 dozen Oreo Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 gallon Pistachio Ice Cream softened.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Crush oreos in a baggie until they are crumbs and place in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour into a freezer-safe pie crust pan and press edges to set crust.
- 2. Place cookie crust pan in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- 3. Spread 1 pint of the ice cream in pie crust. Spread the top of the pie for an even surface.
- 4. Prepare whipped cream by whipping with a mixer for 2 minutes on high speed. Top pie with whipped cream using a star tip. Top with pistachios or candies if desired. Use a decorator star tip. Cover and freeze for one hour.
5. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting. Cover and freeze any remaining pie.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.