There is no better time to whip up these Rainbow Fruit Parfaits. It is a nice option for a natural dessert to celebrate the season. This is an easy no-bake dessert idea and it can be ready to eat in minutes.
This fun dessert is a great way to incorporate more fruits and it looks really festive when serving too! I like to serve it with a little Vanilla yogurt topping, but you could add a little whipped cream too!
Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe for ways to save valuable time while preparing this dish.
Hello Friends! I hope your weekend was wonderful! We had a restful one and I have to say it was nice to slow down and take some time to read and relax. The weather was a bit cloudy, but that is very typical of March.
Today’s recipe is a fun one that is perfect for St. Patrick's Day (which is coming up soon by the way)! It is also a super simple recipe that is completely natural and vegan. I love simple recipes like this one because it is fun and festive and plain easy.
This Rainbow fruit salad parfait is perfect for a dessert or snack. It looks especially festive and colorful and would go great with these rainbow sandwiches.
I like to serve these in individual parfait (or wine) glasses because it just looks pretty! Small mason jars or plastic dessert cups also work well!
List of main ingredients for Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
Strawberries – Strawberries are in season and are a pretty good price in most places. Pick beautiful juicy looking red ones that smell fresh and fragrant.
Pineapple – It is great to use fresh pineapple for this recipe. Choose a fresh pineapple that has green leaves and a firm outer shell.
Grapes – I’m partial to green grapes, but whatever kind you choose, be sure to use seedless grapes.
Oranges- I love using mandarin oranges, but you can also use Tangelos or nectarines too.
Blueberries - Full of antioxidants and so flavorful. These are what make the base of this stacked dessert idea.
Variations on this recipe.
You can change up the fruits. For example, you can swap the grapes for Kiwi and the pineapple for bananas.
You may also choose to top with a little yogurt and brown sugar if you like.
Rainbow Fruit Skewers - You can make skewers of the fruit for a fun snack idea.
More Rainbow Dessert Ideas
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothies - One of our favorite smoothie recipes and a lovely way to incorporate fresh fruit.
Easy Ambrosia Salad - This easy throwback salad recipe is always fun and delicious!
Fresh Fruit Smoothie Bowls - A perfect way to start the day~ So tasty too!
Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
- Use canned crushed or diced pineapple in place of fresh pineapple. You will save some time not having to cut up the pineapple. Be sure to drain the pineapple first.
- If you want to prepare this fruit salad ahead of time, I recommend cutting the fruit and storing it separately by type and keeping it refrigerated until ready to make and serve.
- If you are out of a type of fruit, substitute another fruit that you already have on hand. Apples, kiwis, melons and just about any fruit will work.
Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- Wash all fruit and remove stems from strawberries. If desired, cut seedless grapes in half.
- Drain mandarin oranges.
- In parfait glasses or mason jar, layer about ½ cup of the blueberries, grapes pineapple, mandarin oranges, and strawberries.
- Top with whipped cream or yogurt if desired.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.