Today I am sharing a simple Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe. This double berry smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or a snack at any time of day.
This smoothie does not contain any milk products, but you could certainly add some if you wanted to. Fruit smoothies are great healthy smoothie recipes to enjoy year-round.
Hello Friends! Lately, I have been trying to incorporate more fruit in my life. It is not always easy to do, especially if the fruits are not at their peak season. I tend to get bored of just eating fruit by itself. But one of the easiest ways I have found to add more fruit to my diet is to make some homemade smoothies.
They are really quick to make and you can even freeze the prepared fruit ahead of time and keep them in your freezer for quick access. I enjoy these for breakfast, snacks and even as a dessert. They also are easy to change up by switching the fruits (and vegetables) around to keep them interesting.
This smoothie is one of my very favorites to make and my kids liked this too!
It's made with fresh fruit, but you can use frozen fruit.
Why This Recipe?
It comes together in minutes for a tasty and healthy breakfast idea. You need less than 5 minutes to make it and it is ready when you are. You can use fresh or frozen fruit. It is also dairyless smoothie, which I love.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as a refreshing light meal during the summer.
If you are on the Weight Watcher Blue plan - this smoothie has ZERO points! And did I mention that this smoothie is delicious!
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect
- As quick as this recipe is, you can save time by freezing your fruit ahead of time and storing in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. You can even store fruit combinations together and just pop them in the blender in one swoop.
- For easy clean up I recommend rinsing the blender pitcher right after using so that it is easy to clean. The newer Blendtecs have a self-cleaning setting too! I wish I had that one.
- When I make my smoothies, I always use this blender by Blendtec. It is built well, has lasted me for years and consistently makes a wonderful smoothie. The blender is easy to clean too!
More Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Be sure to check out our other best fruit smoothie recipes:
- Mango Greens Smoothie – made with spinach and kale, this is my favorite green smoothie.
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie – perfect with fresh berries from the farmers market or grocery store.
- Berry Cherry Smoothie – this smoothie is made with plain yogurt for added dairy.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie - Another dairyless smoothie recipe with the richness of banana.
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 10-12 strawberries
- 1.Remove stems from strawberries.
- 2. Wash fruit thoroughly.
- 3. Place ice, blueberries and strawberries in a blender.
- 4. Blend about 30 seconds in a Blendtec on smoothie setting, or in a blender at high speed.
- 5. Pour in glasses and enjoy! This recipe makes two servings.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon
What is your favorite smoothie?
I like green smoothies! With kale and the like.
This seems so simple and brilliant. Des loves smoothies.
I love ALL smoothies...however, I am partial to berry ones!
Me too Marilyn! 🙂
Meg @ Happy Kids, Inc
You do not even know how bad I need this blender! My current blender is just so sad and I can barely make a smoothie. Thanks for the great giveaway!
Mango Pineapple are my favorite, but I also like anything citrus... lemon, lime, orange.
I LOVE Mango Pineapple too! I haven't tried lime yet -great idea!
Almond butter, soy milk, one frozen banana and a pinch of cocoa powder!
Oooh! I love the addition of Almond butter and cocoa just makes everything better! 🙂
what a simple delicious looking recipe! Pinned!
Thank you for stopping by Nadeen!
That looks delicious and you are right, so simple! I have wanted a Blendtec for years, but being in college full time and working two jobs ON top of taking care of my grandmother, things get tough! My favorite smoothie involves kale or spinach, pineapple, lemon,parsley and a few apples. You can always tweak smoothies to your likings, thats what I love!
Love the idea of apples in a smoothie Starla!
My favorite smoothie is Strawberry/Banana!
Mmm good choice!
My favorite smoothie flavor is chocolate banana.
Mango, banana and pineapple! Mmm!
One of my favorite combinations!
I love strawberries and bananas! Great Smoothie!
Nice combo Joni!
It's a toss up between mango and strawberry. Sometimes I will just use both 🙂
Mmmmm! Mango is a favorite of mine Tammy!
I like mine with a mixture of Strawberries, Blackberries and Blueberries! Actually...anything but banana is fine by me! (:
Yes Blackberries are a nice addition!
I LOVE strawberry, orange, banana smoothies!! Soo good!
Nice flavors Stephanie!
The one I have for breakfast every morning (when I don't have oatmeal): Almond milk with spinach, mango, banana, flaxseed, protein powder and chia seed.
I have not tried adding chia seeds yet, but I heard they are great source of nutrients Tracy.
They are incredible. I love that you can switch up different types of apples for your taste preference. Oh my gosh, this would be such a blessing! Eeek! 🙂
Apples would be a great addition!
I love a strawberry banana smoothie with vanilla almond milk - yum!
Ah Almond milk-yum!
My favorite smoothie has strawberries, blueberries & bananas. I don't have a good blender, yet.
Sounds tasty Andrea!