Today I am sharing a simple Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie Recipe. This double berry smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or a snack at any time of day.
This smoothie does not contain any milk products, but you could certainly add some if you wanted to. Fruit smoothies are great healthy smoothie recipes to enjoy year-round.
Hello Friends! Lately, I have been trying to incorporate more fruit in my life. It is not always easy to do, especially if the fruits are not at their peak season. I tend to get bored of just eating fruit by itself. But one of the easiest ways I have found to add more fruit to my diet is to make some homemade smoothies.
They are really quick to make and you can even freeze the prepared fruit ahead of time and keep them in your freezer for quick access. I enjoy these for breakfast, snacks and even as a dessert. They also are easy to change up by switching the fruits (and vegetables) around to keep them interesting.
This smoothie is one of my very favorites to make and my kids liked this too!
It’s made with fresh fruit, but you can use frozen fruit.
Why This Recipe?
It comes together in minutes for a tasty and healthy breakfast idea. You need less than 5 minutes to make it and it is ready when you are. You can use fresh or frozen fruit. It is also dairyless smoothie, which I love.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as a refreshing light meal during the summer.
If you are on the Weight Watcher Blue plan – this smoothie has ZERO points! And did I mention that this smoothie is delicious!
Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 10-12 strawberries
1.Remove stems from strawberries.
2. Wash fruit thoroughly.
3. Place ice, blueberries and strawberries in a blender.
4. Blend about 30 seconds in a Blendtec on smoothie setting, or in a blender at high speed.
5. Pour in glasses and enjoy! This recipe makes two servings.
Save time by keeping prepared fruit in the freezzer in freezer bags. Then just pop into a blender when ready to make.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect
- As quick as this recipe is, you can save time by freezing your fruit ahead of time and storing in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. You can even store fruit combinations together and just pop them in the blender in one swoop.
- For easy clean up I recommend rinsing the blender pitcher right after using so that it is easy to clean. The newer Blendtecs have a self-cleaning setting too! I wish I had that one.
- When I make my smoothies, I always use this blender by Blendtec. It is built well, has lasted me for years and consistently makes a wonderful smoothie. The blender is easy to clean too!
More Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Be sure to check out our other best fruit smoothie recipes:
- Mango Greens Smoothie – made with spinach and kale, this is my favorite green smoothie.
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie – perfect with fresh berries from the farmers market or grocery store.
- Berry Cherry Smoothie – this smoothie is made with plain yogurt for added dairy.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie – Another dairyless smoothie recipe with the richness of banana.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon
What is your favorite smoothie?