This delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie is so easy to make and it is made without added sugar or sweeteners. This version is so simple and it does not have dairy, but you can add it if you like.
I love smoothies for breakfast and snacks because they are not only a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetables, but they are also filling when you are hungry. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! Is anybody getting a bit tired of all the cleaning we are doing? I honestly think I went through half a roll of paper towels just cleaning up our house today!
In an effort to help simplify things, today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a quick breakfast or snack idea that can be ready in minutes. I like to enjoy it as a little healthy reward after a morning of meal planning and cleaning.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful simple fruit smoothie or snack idea, that is perfect for any day. It is cool and refreshing and so delicious. You can change up the fruits and make it different every time!
As I mentioned, this smoothie is dairy-free. I have another great Strawberry Banana Yogurt smoothie that is great if you want to incorporate dairy. This recipe just needs a few ingredients.
List of main ingredients for this recipe
Strawberries– Fresh is always best, but if they are not available you can use frozen strawberries too. Fresh strawberries should be firm, plump, free of dark discoloring.
Bananas – You can use fresh bananas or those that are a few days old for this recipe. You can also use frozen bananas.
Ice – It is best to use crushed ice for this recipe, but cubes work too. The ice helps to chill the smoothie and adds a frosty texture.
Variations on this recipe:
You can add 1/4 cup of almond milk or any milk to this recipe in place of the water. You could also add yogurt if desired.
For more great smoothie recipes, check out:
- Berry Smoothie Recipe – Triple berries in this one for a great antioxident boost!
- Mango Greens Smoothie – The best way to incorporate Kale into smoothies. This green smoothie tastes so good!
- Creamy Banana Smoothie -I f you have ever wondered how to make a banana smoothie that tastes like a dessert, this one is it. Creamy and delicious!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 7-8 Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Place the ice cubes in a blender.
- Wash and destem the strawberries.
- Add strawberries to the blender.
- Peel banana and place in blender.
- Add water to the blender.
- Cover and blend over high speed about 90 seconds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
- Make packets of cleaned strawberries and peeled bananas ahead of time and keep frozen in freezer bags. Then just pull a bag out of the freezer when you are ready to make a smoothie.
- You can make smoothie popsicles with this recipe too! Just pour the mixture into an ice pop mold.
- Use a high-speed blender to make this in minutes. There are so many great blenders available on sale right now.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.