This time of year I have to admit that menu planning gets a little tough. But starting next year, I will be sharing a weekly menu plan along with some other bloggers. We will be sharing simple and easy dinner ideas for you to have for your recipe collection. We did not always menu plan, but when we had to out of financial necessity, we were surprised at how much money we saved by taking some time to plan our dinners.
Sometimes my husband and I would do it together and sometimes one of us would put it together. Today I am sharing a Menu Planning Template Printable that you can use to plan your weekly menu. In fact, there are three to choose from so you can change them up or use your favorite style.
I have planned meals for years, and thought I would share a few meal planning tips.
Menu Planning Template Tips
- Plan your meal around your grocery store sales.
- Know what vegetables and fruits are in season during the spring, summer, fall and winter so you can use them in recipes.
- Freeze meats and meals when you get them at a really good price and use them later.
- Make a recipe binder or an online folder for recipes you want to try.
- Only save recipes that are really good. The ones that are not so good are not worth spending money trying to tweak them. There are lots of good ones.
- Plan to use meat in at least two ore more meals. One chicken or roast can make 2 – 3 meals for the family if you plan it right.
Grab your free Menu Planning Template Here. There are three different styles, you can print the one that fits your planner/household binder theme. For personal use only.
Do you meal plan regularly?