Today I am sharing an easy holiday party recipe for Chicken Empanadas. It is officially party season and these bite-sized little pies of goodness are perfect for any occasion. I like to serve them with a sour cream sauce so that the cool flavor of the sauce, offsets the mild spice of the filling.
These tasty bites over a nice savory snack and are great as tapas or as a game day food!
I made these with some ground chicken, tabasco sauce, bell peppers, onions and garlic.
Then, to save a little time, I used premade pie crusts and a glass to cut the circles.
I filled them with the filling and cheese.
Then I sealed each of them with a fork and brushed them with a beaten egg glaze.
Then they bake in the oven.
And are ready to serve and enjoy!
For more great appetizer recipes, check out:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid-friendly and not spicy.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
- Chorizo Deviled Eggs – a nice twist on traditional deviled eggs, with a touch of spice
Don't forget to pin this for later. We appreciate you sharing this as it helps get the word out on our recipes.
Chicken Empanadas with Cream Sauce
Chicken Empanadas with Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Green Pepper Tabasco Sauce
- 1 package ready to bake pie crust
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt I use the one with parsley added
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce original or Chipotle
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, and ground chicken and cook until checken is no longer pink
- Drain oil and add bell pepper and Tabasco sauce. Set aside.
- Thaw prepared pie crust as directed.
- Unroll crust and use a round cookie cutter or glass to cut out circles
- Place crust circles on cookie sheet.
- Beat one egg in a separate bowl to be used for coating
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of chicken mixture onto each circle
- Sprinkle each empanada with a little pepper jack cheese
- Fold each empanada in half and add a little egg mixture to the edges.
- Seal each by pressing a fork along the circle edges. Do this for each empanada.
- Brush each with egg mixture.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 11-13 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, garlic salt and Tabasco sauce. Serve with baked empanadas.
- Prepare jalapenos the day before and store in the refrigerator until ready to make
- Use pre-shredded pepper jack cheese.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Have you cooked with Tabasco sauce?