With Mother’s Day just around the corner, today I am sharing how to make coffee filter flowers. It is a fun and easy craft idea that does not require a lot of expensive supplies. Check out this fun hanging flower wreath – another easy craft idea.
Hi, Friends, I am coming to you today from my side yard. It’s a beautiful spring day and I am loving being out in the fresh air! These flowers are a fun way to celebrate the season and you can also use them to make a great handmade gift!
Check out the step by step instructions below.
You will need a few supplies for this fun and simple craft. I am including the supplies to make the entire wreath. If you just want to make the flowers, you can omit the raffia and the hoop.
Coffee Filter Flowers Supply List
- White Coffee Filters
- floral wire or twist ties
- 2 small branches of greenery or one large, cut in half
How to Make Coffee Filter Flowers
The flowers are really quite simple to make. You can vary the size of the flowers by the number of filters you use for each flower. You can also trim the filters and make them smaller.
- First, fold the coffee filter in half.
2. Roll the filter from one end to the other.
3. Attach the rolled filter to another filter with glue and repeat process.
4. Attach a twist tie or floral wire at the base of the flower and twist tight.
5. Make as many flowers as you want. I used two filters for the smaller flowers and three filters for the larger flowers.
6. At this point, you can attach to pipe cleaners if you want to make standing flowers for a vase. But if you are making the wreath, the next step is to add the greenery. Attach the 2 pieces of greenery to the wreath leaving a few inches of space in between.
7. Attach the flowers to the wreath with the floral wire.
8. Add a raffia bow and make a hanger.
You can also use the wreath on your mantle or counter too if you don’t want to hang it.
Wasn’t that fun? This would also be pretty for a baby shower or bridal shower decoration.
For more great easy crafts, check out our:
- Coffee Filter Butterflies – another fun coffee filter craft idea.
- DIY Tote Bag Decor – Fun ways to make your bag a one of a kind!
- Fiesta Party Bags – Fun little bags for a craft idea or party gift.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share recipes and seasonal craft ideas and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Don’t forget to bookmark this fun idea!