These easy Rainbow donuts are perfect for a fun way to celebrate spring. Made easily with storebought donuts, they also make for a fun decorating activity.
These are also really cute for a St. Patrick's day celebration. The colorful rainbows will brighten anyone's day.
Be sure to try my easy baked donuts for any time of the year.
I hope you all had a fun Valentine's weekend! We got a sneak peek at spring this weekend and let me tell you I am ready. Super excited to start thinking about the possibility of traveling this summer.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty and festive breakfast or snack idea to put together quickly. To me, these semi-homemade rainbow-colored donuts are a fun way to celebrate the season.
We love celebrating all the holidays in some way, and these are perfect for a St. Patrick's day breakfast or dessert. For more great ways to celebrate the season, check out:
- Mardi Gras King Cake - This festive cinnamon cake is always a fun treat.
- Watergate Salad – AKA Seafoam Salad – A classic dessert recipe that mom used to make.
- Rainbow Fruit Parfaits – A wonderfully colorful and festive dessert or snack made with fresh, seasonal fruit.
- Pistachio Pie - This no-bake pie is an easy treat any time of year.
The best part is that this recipe just takes a few ingredients.
Donuts - I usually by the plain donuts or glazed if they are not in stock.
White frosting - I like to make my own, but you can use a canned vanilla frosting too.
Shredded Coconut - this ingredient is for the fluffy clouds, you can also use mini marshmallows instead.
How to make Rainbow Donuts
- Cut the donuts in half and place on a baking rack.
- Frost the donut halves with white frosting.
- Separate the cereal by colors.
- Add cereal in rows by color.
- Add coconut or marshmallows for the clouds at both ends of the reainbow.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 6 plain donuts cut in half
- 1 cup white frosting
- ⅔ cup Shredded Coconut
- 1. Separate the colors of the cereal into small bowls or cupcake liners
- 2. Prepare icing, or if using a store-bought variety, empty the white icing into a glass measuring cup and heat for 35-40 sec until melted.
- 3. Place a cooling rack on top of a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper and cut the donuts in half.
- 4. Pour the melted icing over each of the donuts.
- 5. Add the cereal by rows (1 color each row) and then add the shredded coconut to the ends
6. Allow donuts to set for at least 30 mins at room temperature before moving.
- For best results only pour icing on one or two donuts at a time to give you time to add the cereal to the top.
- You may have to add more icing to get the coconut to stick
- Remember the rainbow order (like the Home Edit) ROYGBIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet) for your rainbows.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.