These easy Caramel Apple Wraps are a fun and delicious dessert or snack idea made in minutes on your stovetop.
To me, this is basically a sweet quesadilla. They have been all the rage on TikTok and whatever you want to call it, it makes for a wonderfully simple dessert idea.
Why This Recipe Rocks
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty sweet treat to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean-up is VERY minimal. I also love the way all the flavors come together in a caramel apple snack in just minutes too.
This is another one of those easy recipes when you want a sweet snack.
Apples – of course, they are the star of this show. I like to use Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples, but you can use any variety.
Tortillas – I use flour tortillas for this recipe, but you could use whole-wheat if you wish.
Syrup - I like to use maple syrup because that is what I usually have on hand. It is what gives the apples their caramel flavor.
How to make Caramel Apple Wraps
The steps are super easy. The full recipe is below, but the main steps are.
- Wash, peel and cut the apples. Mix the cornstarch and water.
- Add apples, cinnamon, syrup and spices.
- Place apple mixture on tortilla.
- Heat on a griddle or in a frying pan. Filp to heat both sides.
These are so easy and delicious, if you are like us, you will make them often!
Time-saving Tips and Hints
- For an easy way to peel apples, get yourself one of these apple peeler and corer gadgets.
- You can make the filling ahead of time, just add a bit of lemon juice and store apples in the refrigerator until ready.
- Use a panini press to cook both sides at once.
More Caramel Apple Recipes
More Easy Apple Desserts
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our other easy snack ideas:
- Homemade Granola Bars - Delicious granola bars made without preservatives or excess sugar.
- Easy Apple Crisp - Just ingredients make this delicious dessert!
- Applesauce Bread - This tasty bread is so delicious with a little soft butter. A reader favorite!
- Strawberry Empanadas - These delicious fruit empanadas are easy to make and delightful!
Caramel Apple Wraps
- 2 red apples
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large tortillas
- 1. Wash, peel, slice, and chop the apples
- 2. In a medium saucepan mix the water and cornstarch. Add the maple syrup, spices, apples
Cook until it thickens (about 5 mins)
- 3. Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla.
- 4. Cut a large tortilla in half only on one side of the tortilla.
Imagine that the tortilla is in four quadrants.
Place your apple pie filling in each of the four sections
Fold over the first quadrants, one at a time.
5. Place onto a griddle or frying pan with melted butter for a thicker, but toasted wrap. %oast on both sides.
- 6. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar and serve warm
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
These look delightful! My kids are big fans of "dessert quesadilla" and so am I.