Thes easy Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for breakfast bread or snack any day! Made easily in minutes with apples and spices for a wonderful treat!
I just love anything apple and have since I was a child. These delicious apple donuts are covered with a cinnamon-sugar mixture that is pure happiness!Jump to Recipe
Are you enjoying the fall landscape where you are? We still have some heat so on some days it feels like fall and others it still feels like summer.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for some sweet fall flavor! These easy donuts are a nice treat for breakfast or a snack and they are delicious!
Apple Cider Doughnuts are always a treat and these have wonderful bits of apple in them.
While this apple cider donuts recipe takes a few spices, most of the ingredients needed are likely ones you already have on hand.:
Apples – There are so many varieties that you can use but my favorites for this recipe are Granny Smith, Golden Delicious or Honeycrisp. But you can use Gala, Fuii, or MacIntosh too!
Butter – If you have been here a while you know how I feel about butter. Butter really adds a rich flavor to this recipe, so I recommend unsalted. But you can use salted if that is all you have and margarine will work too.
Milk – You can use whole milk or 2% for this recipe. I do not recommend non-fat milk.
Apple Pie Spice - Use this easy Apple Pie Spice recipe or a store-bought spice.
You are going to need a few cooking equipment pieces for this recipe:
- Donut pan
- Heavy bottom pan or cast-iron skillet
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
How to make Cinnamon Apple Donuts
The full recipe is below, but the
- Mix the flour and spices.
- Cooke the apples in butter.
- Combine the dough.
- Pour into the donut pan and bake.
- Top with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
More Apple Cider Recipes
Apple Cinnamon Donuts
- Apple Pie Filling
- 1 pound roughly 2-3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup apple pie filling
- Cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1. Melt butter in cast iron or large, heavy saucepan.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, apple pie spice.
- 3. Add chopped apples to the mixture to coat the apples.
- 4. Pour coated apples into the hot skillet and cook down apples on medium-high for about 5-7 mins, until very tender.
- 5. Set aside and allow to cool about 10 mins.
- 6. Now make the batter. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, and spices.
- 7. In a medium bowl melt unsalted butter. Add milk, egg, vanilla, and apple pie filling to melted butter and mix.
- 8. Pour wet ingredients into a large bowl with dry ingredients.
- 9. Mix until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- 10. Fill in greased donut pan with a spoon or piping bag evening out dough.
- 11. Bake for 10-12 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean
- 12. Transfer the donuts to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
13, Prepare topping: In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- 14. Dip warm donuts on both sides into the cinnamon-sugar coating.
(If the coating is not sticking, brush each donut with a bit of melted butter and then coat).
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other tasty apple recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins - These are another wonderful way to celebrate apple season!
- Applesauce Bread - A lovely fall bread recipe!
- Apple Crisp – A wonderful apple dessert made with just seven ingredients.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy-to-make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
- Caramel Apple Wraps - This popular Tik Tok worthy recipe is made in minutes
- Easy Homemade Applesauce -
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.