These easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins are perfect for breakfast bread or snack any day! Made easily in minutes with fresh apples and spices for a wonderful treat! Healthy cinnamon apple muffins
This sour cream apple muffins recipe is full of apple flavor and finished with a streusel topping.
These apple coffee cake muffins are one of our easy muffin recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Hello Friends! How is your fall season going?
Are you just loving all of the fall produce? Today I am featuring the great taste of apples in a recipe.
Why This Recipe?
These are the best fresh apple cinnamon muffins. This recipe is an easy one when you are looking for some fall flavor its my new favorite way to enjoy sweet apples.
These easy muffins are a nice treat for breakfast, brunch or a snack and they come together very quickly. This simple recipe is a great way to celebrate apple season!
The delicious flavor of apples and cinnamon are wonderful together in this bakery-style muffin. Topped with a caramelized crumble, these muffins are perfect way to enjoy apples for breakfast, brunch or as a lunch box snack.
Streusel muffins are always a treat and these have wonderful bits of apple in them.
While this recipe takes a few spices, most of these are items you already have on hand.
Apple Sour Cream Muffin Ingredients
Apples – of course, they are the star of this show. This recipe works with many types of apples. I like to use Granny Smith apples or Gala apples for this recipe. But I encourage you to try with a different kind of apples.
Butter – Probably my favorite ingredient of all time.- LOL! But seriously, I always use real butter in my recipes, although I try to keep it to a minimum. Margarine will also work in this recipe just fine.
Sour cream - The sour cream makes these muffins moist and soft.
Variations on this recipe.
Nuts - You can easily add ½ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to this recipe.
- large mixing bowl
- prepared muffin cups with liners
- wire rack
How to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins
The full recipe is below, but here are some photos of the process. Full instructions are in the recipe card.
Step 1 - First, you will need to peel and dice your apples. I used Granny Smith for this recipe and I use this peeler for all of my produce. It works so easily!
Peel the apples before cutting the apple pieces. Set diced apples aside.
Then it is a process of:
Step 2. - Mixing the dry ingredients.
Step 3 - Add the wet ingredients.
Step 4 - Prepare the crumb topping for the top of the muffins.
Step 5 - Pour muffin batter into a prepared muffin tin
And adding the cinnamon streusel topping before baking.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
More of My Best Apple Recipes
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other tasty apple recipes:
- Applesauce Bread - A lovely fall bread recipe!
- Apple Crisp – A wonderful apple dessert made with just seven ingredients.
- Simple Apple Muffins – Lovely baked muffins with apple and spice flavors.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy to make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
- Mini Apple Tarts – Cute apple-shaped hand pies that are like a little apple
- Best All Bran Muffins - These healthy muffins are so delicious and easy to make.
- Caramel Apple Wraps - A perfect dessert with tortillas and apples.
- Easy Homemade Applesauce -
Timesaving and Helpful Tips
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup of finely diced and peeled apple
- Muffin topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Grease a cupcake pan or prepare with muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream, butter, and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add apple and fold in gently.
- Now start the topping. Cut the butter into tiny pieces and in a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into baking cups.
- Sprinkle topping mixture.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!