This easy apple crisp recipe without oats is perfect for any season. It is also super inexpensive to make and is pure apple goodness. I like to serve it with ice cream, but it is great on its own too!
This homemade apple crisp has a tender apple filling with a light crisp topping.This apple dessert is an easy recipe, and the perfect dish to bring to any holiday party.
Why Try This Recipe
Delicious. This super simple apple dessert is my favorite way enjoy the sweet apples of the season. The warm fruit filling with a crumble topping is fabulous! It's the perfect fall dessert to celebrate apple season!
Easy Recipe. This classic fall dessert is made with just a handful of simple ingredients.
Inexpensive. This makes a delicious apple crisp for a crowd with very little expense. I believe the entire recipe cost about $2 to make. It is kind of like an apple pie without the crust, or at least, with less crust.
This apple crisp recipe only has a handful of ingredients. I like to use Honeycrisp apples, but you can use any variety. I actually picked up a bag of these at the grocery store.
apples - You can use almost any tyoe of apple - granny smith apples, pink lady, Fuji, Gala, Braeburn or Honeycrisp apples work well and are some of the best apple varieties to bake with in my opinion.
flour - I used all purpose flour
sugar - white sugar
butter-use cubed, cold butter
Full ingredient information in recipe card.
How To Make Apple Crisp Without Oats
This recipe comes together so easily in just a few steps.
You layer the apple slices in the prepared baking dish.
Whip together the crumb topping,
Pour it over the apples,
And pop it in the oven.
It will be ready in minutes.
Of course, then it is fun to serve with a scoop of ice cream.
More Apple Recipes
Caramel Apple Cupcakes - Delicious apple spice cupcakes with buttercream frosting and caramel sauce.
Simple Apple Muffins - Lovely baked muffins with apple and spice flavors.
Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy to make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
Mini Apple Tarts – Cute apple-shaped hand pies that are like a little apple pie.
Apple Pie Spice - An easy homemade spice blend that is perfect for so many recipes!
Tips for making Apple Crisp:
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the apples, instead of a knife, it’s fast and easy.
- Does Apple Crisp need to be refrigerated? Yes, for best results refrigerate your leftover apple crisp.
- Can apple crisp be reheated? Yes, absolutely! You can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds, and you can also serve it cold.
- To make apple crisp with cake mix, just replace the non-apple ingredients with yellow cake mix and add ¾ cup of melted butter. Reduce the heat to 350 and bake as directed.
- If you are really pressed for time, you can make the above with 3 cups of canned apple pie filling.
- You can make this the day before and reheat in the oven 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Easy Apple Crisp
Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat over to 375 °.
- Butter a 13" by 9" baking dish.
- Wash and peel apples.
- Slice apples in about ¼" slices.
- Layer the sliced apples on the buttered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the apples with water.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and blend with a pastry cutter. Dough will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle dough on apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes until the dough is golden brown and juices are bubbling.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipeas, seasonal tips and a few things that I don’t share here.