This easy apple crisp recipe is perfect for any season. It is also super inexpensive to make and is pure apple goodness. I like to serve it with ice cream, but it is great on its own too!
This is the perfect dish to bring to any holiday party.
Hello Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week! We have been decorating and preparing for the holidays. With the cooler weather here, I have also been enjoying all of the tasty apple varieties that are available right now.
This makes a delicious apple crisp for a crowd with very little expense. I believe the entire recipe cost about $2 to make. It is kind of like an apple pie without the crust, or at least, with less crust. There is just enough of the pastry to make it taste like a pie and we all know that apples are so nutritious too!
This apple crisp recipe only has a handful of ingredients. I like to use Honeycrisp apples, but you can use any variety. I actually picked up a bag of these at the grocery store.
The best apple varieties to bake with in my opinion are Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith and Braeburn.
This recipe comes together so easily in just a few steps.
You layer the apple slices,
Whip together the crumb topping,
Pour it over the apples,
And pop it in the oven.
It will be ready in minutes.
Of course, then it is fun to add some ice cream.
You might also like these fall apple recipes;
Caramel Apple Cupcakes – Delicious apple spice cupcakes with buttercream frosting and caramel sauce.
Simple Apple Muffins – Lovely baked muffins with apple and spice flavors.
Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy to make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
Mini Apple Tarts – Cute apple-shaped hand pies that are like a little apple pie.
Apple Pie Spice – An easy homemade spice blend that is perfect for so many recipes!
Tips for making Apple Crisp:
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the apples, instead of a knife, it’s fast and easy.
- Does Apple Crisp need to be refrigerated? Yes, for best results refrigerate your leftover apple crisp.
- Can apple crisp be reheated? Yes, absolutely! You can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds, and you can also serve it cold.
Easy Apple Crisp
Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 375 °.
- Butter 13" by 9" baking dish.
- Wash and peel apples.
- Slice apples in about 1/4" slices.
- Layer the apples on the buttered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the apples with water.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add butter and blend with a pastry cutter. Dough will be crumbly.
- Sprinkle dough on apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes until the dough is golden brown and juices are bubbling.
- To make apple crisp with cake mix, just replace the non-apple ingredients with yellow cake mix and add 3/4 cup of melted butter. Reduce the heat to 350 and bake as directed.
- If you are really pressed for time, you can make the above with 3 cups of canned apple pie filling.
- You can make this the day before and reheat in the oven 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.