This easy Applesauce Bread is a tasty fall bread recipe that can be made year-round. Made with applesauce and savory spices, it tastes great on its own or with a little butter.
Perfect for a breakfast or brunch or lunch box snack any day! Made with applesauce, nuts and spices, this apple bread bakes deliciously in about an hour.
This is one of our favorite quick bread recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy. This delicious applesauce bread is a sweet cake-like bread that is made with simple ingredients.
Delicious. This homemade applesauce bread is full of fall flavors and you can make it with store-bought or your own applesauce.
This applesauce bread recipe is my version of an applesauce cake recipe that I got from an apple festival years ago.
Quick. This easy applesauce bread recipe makes a tasty sweet bread with just minutes of prep time. It is easy quick bread recipe you will love to serve.
Applesauce – of course, this is the star of this show.I use unsweetened applesauce because I can control the amount of sugar, but you can use sweetened applesauce or homemade applesauce. This is a great way to use leftover apples.
Raisins – I love the raisins in this bread. They are a nice addition, but you can also change up the recipe with dried cranberries if you wish. Of course the bread is also good without raisins if preferred.
Flour - I used all purpose flour but you can also use whole wheat flour.
Sugar- I used white sugar, but you could use brown sugar for a richer taste.
Nuts –I like pecans or walnuts in this bread. You can use either but this time of year, I prefer to use pecans.
I just love celebrating the season with apples. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other apple recipes:
This applesauce bread is sometimes referred to as an apple cake and most likely, you already have everything you need to make it. I make this in a bread pan, but this is a great recipe to make mini loaves to share.
How to make Applesauce Bread
The full recipe is in the recipe card.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl
- Add eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add nuts and raisins (if desired) and pour into prepared loaf pan.
You will want to smooth over the bread to level it out before baking.
Then you will have delicious bread. Cool a few minutes before removing from the pan. Let bread cool on a wire rack before slicing.
So delicious! Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- Chop the nuts ahead of time and they will be ready for this recipe.
- Be sure to use a prepared pan with butter and flour or parchment paper.
- Use room temperature butter.
- You can mix all the dry ingredients ahead of time in keep in a zippered bag or these great freezer containers so it is ready to bake when you are.
- Double this easy recipe and make two loaves. After bread is cool, wrap in foil and then store in the freezer in an airtight container in your freezer.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes
More Apple Recipes
- Apple Crisp - A wonderful apple dessert made with just seven ingredients.
- Simple Apple Muffins – Lovely baked muffins with apple and spice flavors.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy to make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
- Mini Apple Tarts – Cute apple-shaped hand pies that are like a little apple
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and eggs until blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients gradually and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in oven 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool a few minutes before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!