This easy Applesauce Bread is a tasty fall bread recipe that can be made year-round. Made with applesauce and savory spices, it tastes great on its own or with a little butter.
Perfect for a breakfast or brunch or lunch box snack any day! Made with applesauce, nuts and spices, this apple bread bakes deliciously in about an hour.Jump to Recipe
Hello Friends! Happy Fall! I am so excited to welcome a new season and feel the cool breeze in the air.
While fall brings changing colors, sweaters, and pumpkin lattes, it also brings some wonderful flavors of apples and spice. This applesauce bread is a sweet cake-like bread that is wonderful at any time of year.
This applesauce bread recipe is my version of an applesauce cake recipe that I got from an apple festival years ago. I have not been apple picking in years, but we loved going to the farms back when the kids were smaller to enjoy apple cider and all the festivities.
I just love celebrating the season with apples. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other apple recipes:
- Apple Crisp - A wonderful apple dessert made with just seven ingredients.
- Simple Apple Muffins – Lovely baked muffins with apple and spice flavors.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls – an easy to make breakfast bread, made with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
- Mini Apple Tarts – Cute apple-shaped hand pies that are like a little apple
This applesauce bread is sometimes referred to as an apple cake and most likely, you already have everything you need to make it.
List of main ingredients/Tips for making Applesauce Bread:
Applesauce – of course, this is the star of this show.I use unsweetened applesauce because I can control the amount of sugar, but you can use sweetened applesauce if you wish.
Raisins – I love the raisins in this bread. They are a nice addition, but you can also change up the recipe with dried cranberries if you wish. Of course the bread is also good without raisins if preferred.
Nuts –I like pecans or walnuts in this bread. You can use either but this time of year, I prefer to use pecans.
How to make Applesauce Bread
The full recipe follows but here is an overview of the steps.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add nuts and raisins and pour into pan.
You will want to smooth over the bread to level it out before baking.
Then you will have delicious bread. Cool a few minutes before removing from the pan.
So delicious! Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
There are several things you can do to save time:
- Chop the nuts ahead of time and they will be ready for this recipe.
- You can mix all the dry ingredients ahead of time in keep in a zippered bag or these great freezer containers so it is ready to bake when you are.
- Double the recipe and make two loaves. After bread is cool, wrap in foil and then store in the freezer in an airtight container in your freezer.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
- Easy Homemade Bread -There is nothing better than homeade bread and this recipe is super easy!
- Easy Beer Bread – This Beer Bread recipe is so easy – just six of ingredients to make a wonderful loaf of homemade bread in just a little over an hour.
- Applesauce Muffins - delicious muffins made from applesauce!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and eggs until blended.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 4. Pour into a greased loaf pan,
- 5. Bake in oven 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
This looks so good I could cry! I'm making it.